Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a totaled 2004 R6 as a track bike project from an acquaintance of mine who just wrecked his bike. He ran it into the back of a car when it hard stopped in front of him. It needs a whole new front end and gas tank. The engine has 8K miles on it and the rest of the bike looks to be in fairly decent shape. I was hoping someone might chime in what it might be worth? or if its really even a good idea? Any feedback would be appreciated! Ill try to get some pictures posted once I an get them uploaded to imgur.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he should give it to you. The frame might be damaged and the bike would never ride right. Good luck!
I was thinking about this. I was goin to try to take a close look to see if the bike frame looks out of kilter, but not sure if ill be able to tell if its bent only slightly.

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
My question is.....WHY was this post started in the FZ09 General Section? This topic has absolutely ZERO to do with FZ09s!

Maybe, a more appropriate section would be.......Other Bikes! :BangHead:

Moving now!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My question is.....WHY was this post started in the FZ09 General Section? This topic has absolutely ZERO to do with FZ09s!

Maybe, a more appropriate section would be.......Other Bikes! :BangHead:

Moving now!
Sorry Triplethreat didn't mean to post in the wrong section, I thought this was a general discussion board for the forum. Apparently I should have read this as FZ09 general discussion only. Noted not to ignore the FZ09 plastered all over the forum. I'll pay more attention next time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could probably find a used race bike a whole lot cheaper than rebuilding a wreck. Look into the WERA classifieds.
Hey, ridetofish….do you have a link as where I can find these classifieds? seems to be a lot of spam websites out there.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
Sorry Triplethreat didn't mean to post in the wrong section, I thought this was a general discussion board for the forum. Apparently I should have read this as FZ09 general discussion only. Noted not to ignore the FZ09 plastered all over the forum. I'll pay more attention next time.
It's OK....it happens sometimes. Hell, we all have brain farts and the older you get...........well, let's just say it doesn't get better!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Decided to skip the wrecked bike and just look for a track bike already prepped. But something I can tinker on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts