Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm curious what other people are reaching for top speed with an ecu flash. I seem to be topping out at 130-132 even after the flash. Granted, I am 6'6" 220lbs, that may have something to do with it but I feel I should still be able to 140mph. I saw a video where a guy hit 157mph on his fz-09. So, I'm curious what ya'll have been able to reach. Thanks.

Side note: I've never really done a top speed run except right after the flash. When I hit 130ish i was like, that's enough, i don't need to die today :p lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm curious what other people are reaching for top speed with an ecu flash. I seem to be topping out at 130-132 even after the flash.Granted, I am 6'6" 220lbs, that may have something to do with it but I feel I should still be able to 140mph. I saw a video where a guy hit 157mph on his fz-09. So, I'm curious what ya'll have been able to reach. Thanks.
I don't think I've been over 110...and probably won't ever try to go past that, these bikes are are for all the other stuff, imo

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm curious what other people are reaching for top speed with an ecu flash. I seem to be topping out at 130-132 even after the flash.Granted, I am 6'6" 220lbs, that may have something to do with it but I feel I should still be able to 140mph. I saw a video where a guy hit 157mph on his fz-09. So, I'm curious what ya'll have been able to reach. Thanks.

your size 6'6" likely has everything to do with it, were you at least ass all the way back and as flat as you could get on the bike?

also is your bike set up how its pictured in your picture with no windshield?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
One Euro poster showed a vid at 267 km/h which was a true 241 or so. 115hp can only make it go so fast, you need much more to get 250 plus from a naked bike.

Reactions: Wizard1A

·
Registered
349 Posts
I’ve seen 261 km/hr on the Speedo when I let off cause it felt sketch but I think it had a bit more left in it ...

Honestly the bike isn’t meant for those top speeds anyways but it feels solid up to 200 even without a stabilizer .

Now that I switched to a front 15t sprocket I probably lost quite a bit off the top but the down low is amazing 😍

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm 6'5" and much heavier, I got mine to 139 with relative ease and a long straight. the key is to let 4th and 5th ring out as long as possible. This bike makes you think it's done revving when it's not, especially post flash

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
I'm 6'5" and much heavier, I got mine to 139 with relative ease and a long straight. the key is to let 4th and 5th ring out as long as possible. This bike makes you think it's done revving when it's not, especially post flash
good point about revving out each gear on your way up

·
Registered
2015 FZ-09 Matte Gray, 2018 KTM 390 DUKE
40 Posts
Got it to 149 on the dash. Felt like i could have got to 150-151 if i stayed on it. Not sure what it would equate to on a gps but next time i do a top speed run im going to get it on GPS to see exactly what it was. Still crazy fast for a naked bike, LOVE this bike 🤙

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your size 6'6" likely has everything to do with it, were you at least ass all the way back and as flat as you could get on the bike?

also is your bike set up how its pictured in your picture with no windshield?
I was in a pretty good tuck last time I pushed it and was going down hill but, I had my wife following me on her bike and always hold back a little when she is with me so, not necessarily a top speed run. I need to find a good straight to try on.
I have an MRA wind shield on it. That pic was one of the first pics I ever took of the bike brand new, stock.
I'll update it soon, after i install the new brake lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, I haven’t posted much but this topic has me interested, I’ve heard that there are two speed limiters, one is cutting fueling in the restricted maps and another one somehow connected to the speedo. Other than tricking it with a speedo healer, has anyone found a way around it? I’m 5’9” 255lbs fully geared up. I’d consistently topped out at 143mph. That’s with full exhaust, sprint filter and FTecu flash of a de-restricted map. After adding FTecu active tune and a few other mod I still top out 143mph but it feels like there’s more left.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hello everyone, I haven’t posted much but this topic has me interested, I’ve heard that there are two speed limiters, one is cutting fueling in the restricted maps and another one somehow connected to the speedo. Other than tricking it with a speedo healer, has anyone found a way around it? I’m 5’9” 255lbs fully geared up. I’d consistently topped out at 143mph. That’s with full exhaust, sprint filter and FTecu flash of a de-restricted map. After adding FTecu active tune and a few other mod I still top out 143mph but it feels like there’s more left.
You have already removed all the limiter with the flash ,the limits now are your weight ,the wind ,and your 3 cylinders 😆

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I don't know about US bikes, but Euro and ours have speedo that read about 8 - 10% fast. That's why the Greek one in the vid showed 271 km/h which was 244 or so. That's an old fashioned 150 empeehaitch.

Reactions: Darf
1 - 18 of 18 Posts