Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my ft cable today and downloaded the software. Once I verify it on my bike, the top speed removal flash will be available for those that really want the top speed limiter removed. There will be a $100 upcharge for this flash as I have to pay flashtune $100 to flash an additional ECU. The $80 flash will still be available only difference at this time will be the $80 flash does not remove the top speed limiter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm good without the removal. I want the rev limiter to kick in at 130+ mph so I don't for sure kill myself on this little rocket.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm in for the removal, but lemme get a pipe first...

Reactions: vcyclenut

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im about to do a full build, speed limiter removal, egr delete, im looking for a better set of forks, id like to try the 07-08 r1 forks, doing meserments next week to see if they will be able to mock up, but one big thing ive noticed is this bike if very light in the front in, so I wouldnt recoment doing a speed limmiter removal untill either a stearing stablizer or chin spoiler is added, im opting for both, at 125+ she feels kinda scetchy and has a wobble to the front, be safe and remeber to ride with sense and n if your going to test the limmits do it on a closed course

·
Registered
244 Posts
I received my ft cable today and downloaded the software.....
David,
dumb questions, if it is all in the ECU how come its so difficult in finding the speed limiter setting vs. using FT propitiatory systems?
I thought you where not able to pick and choose what stays in a current ECU, you have to clear-flash it.... so does that mean you can pick and choose features such as speed limiter to build a flash through FT?

BTW I will be on the long track Donnybrooke BIR on Oct 3rd, the R1 and HP4 are able to go over 180mph on the 3/4 mile straight. Turn one is a wide right sweeper that most going though 130 mph. I will let you riders know at what speed I hit the soft wall (limiter is still enabled).

Also IMO the 9er is NOT a track bike at all, its fun taking here on the track but her home is in the Urban Landscape... so why getting sooo hang up on the limiter??? Build yourself a 450 with a 600, then when you get the feel open it up and you wont regret it...

BIR
Line Map Diagram

·
Vendor
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im about to do a full build, speed limiter removal, egr delete, im looking for a better set of forks, id like to try the 07-08 r1 forks, doing meserments next week to see if they will be able to mock up, but one big thing ive noticed is this bike if very light in the front in, so I wouldnt recoment doing a speed limmiter removal untill either a stearing stablizer or chin spoiler is added, im opting for both, at 125+ she feels kinda scetchy and has a wobble to the front, be safe and remeber to ride with sense and n if your going to test the limmits do it on a closed course
I have the same feeling, especially coming from my r1!! On the R1 you could literally take a nap at 140 lol. I tightened up all the suspension settings on the 9 and this deff helped but did not cure it completely. I am guessing and from what I have read a better shock will fix that feeling. From my experience issues while on the throttle are shock related and off throttle or on brake issues are forks. This is a generalization but I have found it to be pretty spot on.

·
Vendor
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
David,
dumb questions, if it is all in the ECU how come its so difficult in finding the speed limiter setting vs. using FT propitiatory systems?
I thought you where not able to pick and choose what stays in a current ECU, you have to clear-flash it.... so does that mean you can pick and choose features such as speed limiter to build a flash through FT?

BTW I will be on the long track Donnybrooke BIR on Oct 3rd, the R1 and HP4 are able to go over 180mph on the 3/4 mile straight. Turn one is a wide right sweeper that most going though 130 mph. I will let you riders know at what speed I hit the soft wall (limiter is still enabled).

Also IMO the 9er is NOT a track bike at all, its fun taking here on the track but her home is in the Urban Landscape... so why getting sooo hang up on the limiter??? Build yourself a 450 with a 600, then when you get the feel open it up and you wont regret it...

BIR
View attachment 9748
its deff all in the ecu, and I removed all throttle restrictions which I thought would get rid of it but it did not. I tried a few things to trick the speedo and none of them worked either.

with flash tune it is a full flash but you can pick and choose what options you want. But I wont be using their new software unless you want the speed limiter removed. I agree with you with the speedlimiter being a non issue on the bike, I am just trying to give people what they want as I don't feel it is my place to tell people what they should do.

·
Registered
220 Posts
bond... The forks are a no-go. The R1 forks are about 3" shorter. There are a number of vendors that offer solutions to the FZ suspension. Sorry to hijack the thread. BACK ON TOPIC! ! !

·
Registered
464 Posts
Does anyone know what the top speed is with the limiter removed? I feel that will play the biggest role in deciding wether or not to pay the extra 100$

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does anyone know what the top speed is with the limiter removed? I feel that will play the biggest role in deciding wether or not to pay the extra 100$
Mathematically [email protected]
Realistically; my guess 150-155 with the right tuck and set up.....and wind and road and distance and luck. 20 more mph for a hundred bucks isn't bad if that is what you are after.
Like mentioned earlier this isn't a race/ track bike. There are way better solutions for that. With that said, a true drop in replacement ECU that would correct timing and eliminate rpm limiter ect will probably not be available since these are deleloped from the pro race team tuners and trickle down to the public.
Even if it were available it would only give maybe 2% improvement to one of the best "STREET" bikes available today.

·
Registered
877 Posts
bond... The forks are a no-go. The R1 forks are about 3" shorter.

There are a number of vendors that offer solutions to the FZ suspension. Sorry to hijack the thread. BACK ON TOPIC! ! !
For that reason, I'm fitting a Duc Multistrada / Ohlins front end which is 31 1/2 inches long on the FZ 09.

Most sport bike forks are around 28 to 28 1/2 inches long.

The FZ 07 has a lower neck / shorter front end @ 28 1/2 inches so a Duc 1098 s Ohlins is already on mine.

Need to find a suitable 12 inch rear shock for the FZ 07, now.

Reactions: Rc racer
1 - 20 of 21 Posts