Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one and if so how are they? I'd like a seat I can do 8 hours on or more. For reference I did 4 hours on the stock seat this past Sunday and only got sore towards the end of the ride (like the last 45mins). Not saying it was sunshine and rainbows the rest of the time but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'd like to know also, I really like the looks of their seats on the 09. There's another French seat upholsterer called Sellerie Moillo that makes nice looking custom seats for the 09 but I guess someone from Europe will have to chime in with the comfort verdict.

I want one of the French seats for sure, I even have a custom color scheme that I designed in Photoshop. Footwear Brown Violet Bicycle part Shoe

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
they are awesome seats but for the price (shipping plus exchange rate), you could probably ship your seat to a custom seat maker more local and get a similar set up for much less money. Or buy any aftermarket seat like Corbin..

·
Registered
657 Posts
Top sellerie is at the top of my list... but so is the price landed on home soil.

Would be nice if there was a North American distributor.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mine was made in Tennessee. :)

Super comfy.

I'll be in TN come May. Where can I get one of these badboys?

edit - I shot Eddie an email to see if he's interested in another FZ-09 seat. He's only 40min away from where we're staying.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, I purchased the Top Sellerie seat a couple months ago and really didn't get to ride it much till yesterday. Initial reaction to the first day ride of 200 miles was that the seat gives me a ton more confidence in the catching of my arse when accelerating. There is some slight pressure on the sweet spot area, but in a different and more comfortable way. (Almost like I am still getting used to the seating positioning) This is still a ton better than the stock POS seat they come with although. I would think that the seat will start forming to my body as I ride it more often, and during the warmer season ultimately. The end of the ride gave me no ill feelings in the sweet spot and I was at that time still happy with my purchase. Regarding looks, people are way more attentive to my MC now when parking downtown as the seat really adds to the overall look as well. My focus on making the bike better has now changed to the handle bars/suspension systems.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
657 Posts
Another "Eddie" production...........

Triple - what do you think of the carbon for the seating area? I was thinking about reversing the material, having the black as the seating material and the carbon as the trim material.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Buck....I like it just the way it is. It kind of gives a bit of additional grip for when you slide off of the seat and get good body position when cornering.

Reactions: buck

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'll be in TN come May. Where can I get one of these badboys?

edit - I shot Eddie an email to see if he's interested in another FZ-09 seat. He's only 40min away from where we're staying.
Eddie made it. He knows how to make a comfortable seat.

And I'm sure his price is better than the Top Sellerie.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Eddie made it. He knows how to make a comfortable seat.

And I'm sure his price is better than the Top Sellerie.
He sent me some pictures, and I looked up others he did on the FZ1 boards. He makes some nice looking seats. I basically sent him a picture of yours and said I want this lol.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
601 Posts
Here's a closer view if it helps. The wrinkles you see I later smoothed out with my finger. I had taken it straight from the shipping box to the bike, and it had gotten a bit squished in transit.

He uses the same seat pan, which helps with the cost. The passenger section on my is built up a bit to better accommodate a passenger.

The FZ-09 letters are black embroidery, which I think looks cool. He showed me another model that he did with the black, and I liked it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here is a close-up of the Top Sellerie Seat. I feel it is much better, but I am sure the age old rule of "you get what you pay for" still applies. FYI, after further riding, the pressure in the private area is no more. The more I ride with this seat the more I love it...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
857 Posts
Last time i checked you are suppost to eat sellerie rather than sit on it.:cool:
I don't know, lots of guys from Cali might want to sit on sellerie! And eat it too!

Ride Safe

Welcome to Alabama set you watch back one hour, and you calendar 50 years.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Another happy customer of Eddie's. Sorry I can't comment on Top Sellerie!

Reactions: buck
1 - 20 of 27 Posts