1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Fishing, shooting/ hunting, women, making money, video games, fast cars, riding atv's. Not in order of course.

Reactions: JM123

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Other than modding and work side job on race cars my thing is running.

I have a 1/2 marathon line up each month for the next 3 months. Doing the Storm Series this year instead of a full Marathon. It consist of 5 x 1/2M in Florida... trying to get the category 5 storm medal. :)

I was big on Muay Thai few years ago. Just can't convince myself to dump $150 a month anymore.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well all of mine involve motorcycles at some point, except riding atv's but they are close enough, yet distinguished.:tongue4:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Guns and Karts in the winter in addition to the other 10. I used to snow ski but my banged up body from motocross prevents that these days.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm... it's about non-riding motorcycle activities... so it should involve motorcycles in one way or another. :)
+ 10000

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
511 Posts
I love watching motorcycle roadracing on TV and drinking beer. But you shouldn't mix riding with beer. Which brings me to golf. On the golf course you can drink beer and they still let you drive the cart. Even if you drink a lot of beer. I need to play more golf.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I love watching motorcycle roadracing on TV and drinking beer. But you shouldn't mix riding with beer. Which brings me to golf. On the golf course you can drink beer and they still let you drive the cart. Even if you drink a lot of beer. I need to play more golf.
Interesting logic... I think we'll allow it... continue! ;)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
haha, made me chuckle. Planning future mods is one of my big ones. I try to space out the money I throw into her.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I try to space out the money I throw into her.
Treat her well and she'll reward you with miles of smiles....and never wine, seem ungrateful, or talk back.:cool:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Shopping for gear.

Reactions: Grishbok and tedbot

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jeez they're ripping you off...that price is inexcusable.
not really. That's actually really cheap. They must have a large group of regulars there to keep it that low. You have to keep in mind that they have to pay for a ton of insurance. Dojo's are expensive to insure. You also have to have liability insurance to help cover the cost of those injured on your premises and that gets expensive when your premises consists of weapons and people teaching others how to affectively injure someone else. Then factor in the inevitable wall repair, mirror repair, mat repair, and equipment maintenance, you've got a pretty expensive monthly operation.

·
Registered
313 Posts
not really. That's actually really cheap. They must have a large group of regulars there to keep it that low. You have to keep in mind that they have to pay for a ton of insurance. Dojo's are expensive to insure. You also have to have liability insurance to help cover the cost of those injured on your premises and that gets expensive when your premises consists of weapons and people teaching others how to affectively injure someone else. Then factor in the inevitable wall repair, mirror repair, mat repair, and equipment maintenance, you've got a pretty expensive monthly operation.
I trained for a year up in New England and right around 3 years down south and never paid near that much, and my teacher down here was at various points in his career champ in WKA, ISKA, K1, WMC, IMTC, and thai national champ. Up north I have no idea what it was, my folks paid, but down here I was paying $80/mo for the first year, then moved gyms when my teacher opened his own and started doing amateur fights for his team so I wasn't paying anymore...but I can't imagine him charging people that much. I haven't fought or trained in about 5 years though, so things might have changed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.