Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When picking up my bike I asked where is the tool kit...He said Yamaha does not supply any..after getting home and reading the owners manual found that to be not true...Called the Dealer the next day and he said that none of the FZ 09's came with them...he Checked on a new FZ 07 that just came in and it had one so he sent me that tool kit...My question to the ones that did get a tool kit what was in it....He sent me a pouch that had a spanner wrench thick strap to hold to the under side of the seat and thin strap with loops on both sides that I have no idea what it is for....

·
Registered
852 Posts
image.jpg

In addition to what is in the photo was the strap that holds the pouch under the seat. When I bought my 09 I had to ask for it also. After some time this is what they came back with.

Is the black screw driver handle and double sided screw driver bit snapped in to the underside of your seat?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not get the wrench in mine...but I did get the other two you have shown...and also the allen ,screw driver handle and slide in bit...attached to the front part of the seat

·
Registered
92 Posts
image.jpg

Yes. That is the awesome Yamaha tool kit. I'm steel trying to figure out how to use the spanner wrench on my Penske double clicker :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
When picking up my bike I asked where is the tool kit...He said Yamaha does not supply any..after getting home and reading the owners manual found that to be not true...Called the Dealer the next day and he said that none of the FZ 09's came with them...he Checked on a new FZ 07 that just came in and it had one so he sent me that tool kit...My question to the ones that did get a tool kit what was in it....He sent me a pouch that had a spanner wrench thick strap to hold to the under side of the seat and thin strap with loops on both sides that I have no idea what it is for....
How long is the this strap with loops in the ends?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
your dealer lied to you..they all ship with a tool kit, but its up to the dealer to give it to you.
Mine came in a package with the other items like the owners manual and warranty paperwork.
its exactly as what Lateralus posted above as well as an allen wrench and screwdriver snapped in under the seat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
To my knowledge, only BMW ever supplied a proper tool kit (complete with shop rag w/printed logo and a tire patch kit). And were the least likely to ever need one. I used my mine to repair other people's bikes, bicycles and cars, but never my own BMW's in over 600K miles.

I have had to build my own tool kits for every other bike I've owned. Tool kits have become a sad joke with most items poorly made or too small to be effective.

·
Registered
957 Posts
your dealer lied to you..they all ship with a tool kit, but its up to the dealer to give it to you.
Mine came in a package with the other items like the owners manual and warranty paperwork.
its exactly as what Lateralus posted above as well as an allen wrench and screwdriver snapped in under the seat.
Same. My tool kit came neatly packaged with the owners manual.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
On the Underside of the seat you should have got all these items:

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

Plus the owners manual.

There isn't much in the tool kit, just enough to adjust you mirrors, levers and adjust the suspension. But lets face it, what else will you ever have to do? Especially if you properly maintain your bike to begin with. The only other item I thinking is some Ride-On motorcycle tire balancer and sealant, just for a little peace of mind. I have it installed i my DR tires and it runs nice and smooth.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My reason for asking is my diavel had two cables like this maybe a foot long in the tool pouch. Turns out they are helmet locks which hook under the seat to hold a helmet on the side of the bike when parked. The tool kit is pretty nice on the diavel. It has 10 items in it and I think tire patching kit too but can't look because it's at the dealer for first service. Just thought that might be what that cable was for.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Same most of you guys it came with nothing, until I asked about it and they supplied everything as mentioned above....No idea how you are supposed to alter the rear shock without at least a C spanner...

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the Underside of the seat you should have got all these items:

View attachment 11080

View attachment 11081

View attachment 11082

View attachment 11083

View attachment 11084

Plus the owners manual.

There isn't much in the tool kit, just enough to adjust you mirrors, levers and adjust the suspension. But lets face it, what else will you ever have to do? Especially if you properly maintain your bike to begin with. The only other item I thinking is some Ride-On motorcycle tire balancer and sealant, just for a little peace of mind. I have it installed i my DR tires and it runs nice and smooth.
I got all that but no wrench ..no big deal,,,my point was my dealer said they do not come with any.....Thanks for all the replys

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Reactions: Lateralus

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think this topic would be a good opportunity to come up with a small list of tools we should have on/with the bike. I've done this for my other vehicles, the essential tool kit that doesn't leave that vehicle.

For the FZ I assume it's a small collection of allen wrenches, a couple wrenches, maybe shorty wrenches, maybe combo wrenches etc. Anyway, I think it's a solid idea for the forum.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Every new bike I ever purchased , including several Yamahas, Hondas, Kawasakis, ktm, bmw... all came with a toolkit of varying "quality" and /or "content completeness"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts