Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FZ-09.JPG

Howdy - I'm Josh, new to the forum. Interested in one of these FZ-09s.

I'm 6'4" about 230lbs. It is actually more of a relaxed position than an F800GS I had. Do I look like Magilla Gorilla on it ?

Any other big guys on this bike ? This thing seems tiny... probably the lightest bike I've ever handled... I couldn't imagine what it can do on twisty roads !

MagillaGorilla.JPG

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
There are some big boys on this forum and they seem to do just fine on the bike.

And it is smoking awesome in the twisties!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool ! Thanks for the replies ! That thing is awesome too ! I just bought a Concours 14 (2013) and thought everything of it until taking it to WV from FL and back. Its just not for me, and not comfortable at all for what it should be. I may loose some on it, but this FZ-09 will keep me grinning I do believe and the payments still cheaper by more than half !

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I am 6'1" 230 and a riding buddy says I look like a gorilla on a football but I don't care. I have fun with the bike and it is great in the twisties!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
You're only 10lbs heavier than me, same height.
I don't care what I look like on it, it feels comfortable to me.
Same reason I like my top box, I can't see it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
View attachment 7957

Howdy - I'm Josh, new to the forum. Interested in one of these FZ-09s.

I'm 6'4" about 230lbs. It is actually more of a relaxed position than an F800GS I had. Do I look like Magilla Gorilla on it ?

Any other big guys on this bike ? This thing seems tiny... probably the lightest bike I've ever handled... I couldn't imagine what it can do on twisty roads !

View attachment 7958
I normally claim to be 6'3" - but that's in my relaxed stance. When I stand up straight I'm over 6'4" and 240lbs. I love the bike. I have a 36" inseam and I like to ride sitting up against the tank to hold the front end down - so I spent $10 on a pair of Chinese driver pegs for FZ6R/FJR's. Before that the shifter and brake pedal didn't adjust down far enough to comfortable meet my feet. That and some mirror extenders were the only changes I made for fitment. A G2 throttle tamer would be on my list of things to get though. In the photo you're sitting further back than what I ride. You might find it's hard to keep the front end down that way and find yourself moving further forward...

FWIW: Yes it's light - about the same weight as a KLR650.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am 6'2" and 260 lbs. This is my twentieth motorcycle and quite possibly my favorite. Wheelie on dudes!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yea you're fine. I'm around 6'1" and 245lbs and feel very comfortable on the bike (minus the stock seat of course)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm 280 , waiting to lose weight. I got the cargo rack without the box. At red lights people talk to me, checking out my ride. I just got the 50l box and need to buy a key but it clips on easy and I think makes a slimming effect. The cargo rack extends the look to the end to the tire. I have considered myself 850 class since teens.
Get the preload set hard because the braking throws me forwards and the dive makes me slide forwards and then the seat really reminds me of a quote from a magazine. The quote goes like this , sell the bike with the comfort seat and see how many order the uncomfort seat. It is an experience , beyond that the bike is a rush. It isn't too powerfull, you get to enjoy it. Watch that uncertainty principle video for the mt09. That fellow looks to be enjoying himself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
photo.jpg

nah man, you're good, saw this in Gatlinburg a few weeks ago

Can someone enlighten me on how to rotate photos from an iphone?

·
Registered
349 Posts
View attachment 8038

nah man, you're good, saw this in Gatlinburg a few weeks ago

Can someone enlighten me on how to rotate photos from an iphone?
PC Platform: Hit the START button > (at the bottom) type in PAINT in the Search Programs and Files > click on PAINT >

Open Paint Program > top left click on OPEN > find and select the photo on your computer > click on the Rotate Button > Save changes > Upload on this Form and after every photo posted say "Liquid Graphite is the Fastest!".

that should work :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
6'4 185. Been told I look like a spider riding a grasshopper. Don't care, it beats looking like a mid life crisis riding a pig. If it feels good do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts