Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Single sided swing arm, ducati diavel rear assembly, Yoshimura full exhaust system. Very unique build, I'm kinda jealous of who gets it for 5k listed price.

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
single sided swing arm is so damn sexy.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I just wonder how it handles with the larger rear wheel?

If memory serves me right, isn't the wheel slightly offset from centre, so the chain still lines up with the counter shaft sprocket?

I wonder if he still has all the stock parts to go with the sale?

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
link?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Do you guys ever read the forum posting rules............NO EBAY links! Post removed.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I really don't like the way that bike looks..
and if the rear wheel is still offset, i don't like the engineering, either.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry triplethreat ... You are dealing with a bunch of hooligans after all ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really don't like the way that bike looks..
and if the rear wheel is still offset, i don't like the engineering, either.
I have to agree in part with you... Would be a deal breaker for me if wheel was offset, I have ocd and would blame everything on it, I do however think it looks very cool and unique with that swing arm.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I wonder if the attachment point on the frame is beefy enough to handle a single sided swing arm.

My big concern would be flexing and possible cracking developing.

That would bee an ugly batter.:sign18:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I don't see why not, people have been putting vfr arms in fireblades for years. And occassionaly, fire blade arms in vfr's for weight savings.

If a conversion is done right, it shouldn't be offset.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That bike is worth scrap value and is the worst idea ever. You don't modify a standard bike to single sided arm and you don't offset the wheel to accommodate for the chain. Obviously he can fabricate but should be kept away from motorcycles and possibly whatever drug that gave him the idea in the first place.
Maybe someone can hang it on the wall in their shop for something to admire or laugh at but for a daily bike I can guarantee it is a P.O.S. and you will probably die on it at speed. Or?... some daredevil can launch it off of a cliff in some canyon on a base jump.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I wonder if the attachment point on the frame is beefy enough to handle a single sided swing arm.

My big concern would be flexing and possible cracking developing.

That would bee an ugly batter.:sign18:
+1 I have to agree, if the rest of the structure of the bike is not designed for a single sided swingarm, you are asking for trouble, just to look cool, lol.

Plus if the tires is offset to clean the chain, more bad news.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
We are mostly guys. How many guys do you know that read instructions? justsayin
What I'm saying is... "READ THE FORUM POSTING RULES..... B E F O R E... MAKING A POST THAT VIOLATES THE FORUM POLICY!! See, that wasn't hard was it? I'm getting to the point that I'm just going to start deleting classified stuff that is in violation, but I really don't want to do that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
What I'm saying is... "READ THE FORUM POSTING RULES..... B E F O R E... MAKING A POST THAT VIOLATES THE FORUM POLICY!! See, that wasn't hard was it? I'm getting to the point that I'm just going to start deleting classified stuff that is in violation, but I really don't want to do that.
You are clearly overworked on this forum, you should take a step back and breathe. ;)
Be careful how Gestapo you get with the moderating. A forum is nothing without its membership.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
You are clearly overworked on this forum, you should take a step back and breathe. ;)
Be careful how Gestapo you get with the moderating. A forum is nothing without its membership.
I appreciate you're advice, but I'm not. If you are not a mod/admin, you read posts and either comment or move on to something else. As a mod, it's my job to not only participate and help out however I can, but to also try and keep the forum running along smoothly.... And part of a forum running smoothly is to try and make sure that the Established rules are followed.

If EVERY MEMBER on here would take a little bit of time to familiarize themselves with the requirements for posting, and what was allowed and what wasn't, there would be a lot less of these issues.

Starting a thread in the wrong location is another common issue.... and I do realize that some topics might fit in a couple of different locations... BUT....... Not every thread belongs in the general section. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, and I know we get new members that come on here just to sell a bike or some items and then move on.

The bottom line is this. The forum works pretty damn well most of the time, because most of the members here CARE about this place and enjoy coming here AND they try to do the right thing...... but as I stated earlier, read and familiarize yourself with the "Rules of the Road", so to speak, for this forum and a good number of the moderator interventions will be reduced and the forum will operate more smoothly.

24V..... Just so you know, this response is NOT directed at you. You just happened to be the one who's post started me thinking about and wanting to clarify why we do things the way we do.

·
Registered
406 Posts
triple, I take no offense to what you are doing here. I have been on message boards since the mid 90's. I am currently admin on a few and have been moderator on more forums than you can count on your fingers. With that said, it is a real annoying job at times, and very unrewarding. You do a fine job here but recently, judging by your responses, you have been letting it get to you a little.

You have to understand that a very large majority of members don't really care if their post is in the correct forum according to the way you organize them. Hell, I would be surprised if more than half actually read the rules. If it starts to get to you so much that you have to threaten to just start deleting things then maybe a break is necessary. It should never be that serious.

Thank you for the job you do here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't see why not, people have been putting vfr arms in fireblades for years. And occassionaly, fire blade arms in vfr's for weight savings.
VFR's and Fireblades have far more stout frames and swingarm pivot points than the FZ09. The conversion mentioned in this thread is a collection of bad decisions.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If it's the arm I remember, it didn't look strong / beefy enough.

A ss arm needs a lot mmore beef than a 2 sided swing arm to keep from flexing.

The offset wheel for chain clearance is a deal breaker.

The Yamaha frame, itself is strong enough, but the ss arm, not so much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts