Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Toby Steering Damper from RevZilla for my '15 FZ-09 at the end of August. The thing comes from Belgium so it took 6 weeks to ship from time of order. Looked to be of good quality when I received it and I installed it a few weeks later. After 3 months the cylinder decided to puke out all of its fluid and no longer provide any resistance.

I called Revzilla and was told that there was a 1 year warranty on the damper, but that Nitron Racing Shocks in KY was the US distributor and I would have to contact them for warranty issues. (I also noticed that RevZilla had stopped carrying the Toby Dampers altogether...perhaps that is a sign)

I tried calling Nitron multiple times, but the phone rings straight to a voicemail box that is full...so no leaving messages. I sent multiple emails and got no reply. I also sent a message to them on their FB page...nothing. I even emailed the Belgium home office and asked them to intervene...again, nothing.

After waiting a couple of weeks, I left a negative review and comment on the FB page, hoping that might spur them to contact me...nope

Nitron Racing Shocks and Cobraheat Motorsports are the same company so as far as I am concerned Nitron Racing Shocks, Cobraheat Motorsports, and Toby Steering Dampers should be avoided at all costs.

Ok..rant over...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick update:

After numerous attempts to contact the US distributor for a warranty claim, and getting no reply whatsoever..I focused on RevZilla and asked them to stand by the product that they sold me.

It took a couple of phone calls, but ultimately RevZilla agreed to take the steering damper back and issue me full store credit for it. I believe that was a fair resolution, and I am happy with that outcome.

So...Toby Steering Dampers, and Cobraheat Motorsports are still definitely Zeros...but RevZilla came through in the end and will continue to get my business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts