Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research trying to find a stylish yet protective pair of moto jeans, I decided on these from Tobacco Motorwear. They are the only ones that I could find that had a modern cut, selvedge, raw denim and didn't have stitching in weird places like across the knees.

I know that kevlar jeans are not for everyone, but for those looking for a pair that look good on and off the bike, I can certainly recommend these.

Tobacco Motorwear | Quality motorwear built in the USA, built to last.

Regrettably, I didn't take any before pictures, but if you've ever seen raw unwashed denim jeans, well... you can picture these then.

Tobacco Motorwear indigo raw jeans - Album on Imgur

·
Registered
377 Posts
If they made that jean in 'normal' sizes, not skinny jean sizes I'd be totally interested, but call me an old fart, all that stuff (the wrinkles you talk about in your photos) is NOT what I want.

Before you jump me for the post, when I went to high school, we wore Levi's 501's 'shrink to fit' stupid ass tight also. One day I realized my balls itched so badly every day because my pants were too damn tight, and I never have looked back.

Enjoy your jeans!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they made that jean in 'normal' sizes, not skinny jean sizes I'd be totally interested, but call me an old fart, all that stuff (the wrinkles you talk about in your photos) is NOT what I want.

Before you jump me for the post, when I went to high school, we wore Levi's 501's 'shrink to fit' stupid ass tight also. One day I realized my balls itched so badly every day because my pants were too damn tight, and I never have looked back.

Enjoy your jeans!
Thats funny. I got a pair of those 501 STF and they were baggy as hell I couldnt even wear them. Either way, preference comes first and I prefer something that is form fitting, NOT tight.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Verrrrry pricey. Ouch!

I have leather chaps that were around $80 and are very comfy.

·
Registered
806 Posts
^^That's what I was thinking I have scorpion pro covert jeans they look like regular jeans. There about $100 less they fit my soccer legs. They just need to be hemmed cause they just come in one length, but that only cost me $15.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
No impact protection makes it a no go for me . Hip and knee impact armour is a must tailbone padding even better . But I ride knowing I'm going to eat shit I don't ride a cafe cruzer . I'm seriously thinking bout the icon 1000 hood jacket . It would be bitchn to have Kevlar jeans with armour .

·
Registered
336 Posts
I actually like those jeans and the cut is pretty normal from the photos and video. In one part of the video it looks like the kevlar comes all the way down past the knee (probably in the front) and then is only very partial coverage in the back side of the jean? Is there a full sleeve of kevlar in BOTH front and back? If not then these are way over priced, but if there is indeed a full sleeve of kevlar the price is still a little steep but something I can live with.

I pulled up the kick starter article from Silodrome as these seemed familiar :http://silodrome.com/kevlar-motorcycle-pants/

I still don't know why people don't just buy the Draggin Jean Liners so you can wear them under any pair of jeans you already own so style is not an issue, fit is not an issue, and you have an ample supply of options to ride in? I have two Draggin Jean Kevlar liners that cost me about $150 each and I wear them everyday under whatever jean I have hanging in my closet. The kevlar is so comfortable, they feel like soft cotton long johns and breath well (I live in the blasted dessert and still wear them in 100 degree temps with no issue).

If I did buy these jeans I would have to have them hemmed because I'm not a fan of the Happy Days style leg roll at the bottom cuff, but a quick hemming is not a big deal.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Riding jeans are cool, yes, but they will never be as protective as actual full riding pants, either textile or leather. And in my opinion (just my opinion) if you're going to be spending upwards of $120 or so, it would be just plain stupid to get denim riding jeans that sacrifice protection for aesthetics.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

80 bucks i like, which ones u get?

These...they also have armor in the hips and knees..and as a bonus, they are only $74.00 now..:)

They are as comfortable as everyday pants and look like everyday pants

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
These...they also have armor in the hips and knees..and as a bonus, they are only $74.00 now..:)

They are as comfortable as everyday pants and look like everyday pants

They look great, but Amazon states "Fit: Runs small 50%"

WTF does That Mean, LMAO

image.jpg

If I'm a 34" waist should I assume they'll arrive as an 17" waist...??? Running Small is Not comforting.:(

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
They look great, but Amazon states "Fit: Runs small 50%"

WTF does That Mean, LMAO

If I'm a 34" waist should I assume they'll arrive as an 18" waist...??? Running Small is Not comforting.:(
I saw those reviews but mine seem to be sized right..I wear a 32/34 and that's what I bought..they fit fine....

The Scoprion Covert jeans are the ones I would go for.
why those? they are $45.00 more than the ones I linked and they dont even include the armor....Its $40.00 more ...so you could but 2 pairs of the ones I have for what they want for 1 pair of these

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Expensive....
A quick look at Revzilla... some are cheaper, some more expensive.

I'm willing to pay a little more than some for raw, selvege denim of high quality.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I kind of like Draggin' Jeans, they have a good selection of sizes, mens & womens, plus jackets, they have a wide range of sizes as well.

You can also add hip and knee armor for better protection.

Draggin Jeans - Motorcycle Jeans

A set of jeans with added armor sells for $184

1 - 20 of 22 Posts