Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orange is one of those colors that you like it or don't and i for one love it i saw one for the first time and man you can really appreciate the metal flake once you see it up close. I have seen tons of pictures but when you see it in person their is a big difference. Be proud of those pumpkins. :eek:ccasion14::eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i know the colors are somewhat polarizing to some, but i think yammi did a great job with all 3 color combos.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The dealer where I bought mine has 2 of them on the showroom floor and 3 in the crate. I'm not a fan of it, but it looks better than the red. But of course, the graphite is the best and fastest color LOL. I like the colors Yamaha chose, but the gold forks?? I have NO idea what crackhead designer said that would be a good idea......

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Personally, I like the Red, and the gold forks looks good on the Red. I also like the Orange bike, but if I had one, the wheels would have to get powdercoated or something to make them match the Orange bike....kind of like the Honda Repsol Edition of the 1000RR.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was going to get the graphite because of the blurple wheels but when I saw the orange in the sun I changed my mind. I've never been a fan of Orange but the flake and I guess because only the tank is Orange I really like it. Even better once you peel that sticker off of it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
And this is just a great example of how opinions vary.

Out of the orange, graphite, and red, I think the red looks best. You also have to factor in the red model is faster.... :evil6:
The red is the PMS color, it's just going to bitch at you when you want to go faster:p

Reactions: frankyfrankster

·
Registered
337 Posts
The first FZ09 I saw in person was an orange one outside the dealer sitting in the sun - paint was really nice. Not my cup of tea on a streetbike, enough orange with the KTM to fill my quota but it nice to see three color options either way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was going to get the graphite because of the blurple wheels but when I saw the orange in the sun I changed my mind. I've never been a fan of Orange but the flake and I guess because only the tank is Orange I really like it. Even better once you peel that sticker off of it.
you're talking about the FUEL sticker correct?? Yeah, once I got that off it was beautiful! I honestly am torn about tank pads.. I really want something right down the middle, but I'm convinced clear is my only option due to the stripe. I lay on the tank a lot when i'm on the freeway for extended periods, due to the nekkid factor and what not, and don't want to scratch that tank at all! it's just too pretty!

·
Registered
136 Posts
you're talking about the FUEL sticker correct?? Yeah, once I got that off it was beautiful! I honestly am torn about tank pads.. I really want something right down the middle, but I'm convinced clear is my only option due to the stripe. I lay on the tank a lot when i'm on the freeway for extended periods, due to the nekkid factor and what not, and don't want to scratch that tank at all! it's just too pretty!
Yes the fuel sticker. I've used sniders paint guard on other bikes which is a clear reusable cling on to protect paint from tank bags. I've only been able to get it thru Aerostich.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I new I didn't want red. I really wanted the graphite but couldn't wrap my head around the blurple wheels. The blazing orange was the first bike I saw at the dealer. It's really a burnt Orange with that metal flake. The side covers on the back were not colored either. The red bike has red side covers. Of course there were only a couple bikes on the show rooms within a 50 mile radius of me.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think it's a lot nicer in person, but I still like the graphite. The place where I am supposed to buy mine sold the graphite bike they had and now have the orange left. We have had so much snow that I haven't been able to get there with my trade-in. My husband likes the orange one, but he's also a mopar guy and likes colors like that (hence the plum crazy challenger).

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love the Orange (picked mine up 3 weeks ago!). Should have called it "Volunteer Orange" in my opinion :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wanted the graphite but 'settled' for the orange because it was the last one available. I am a happy camper now and I am pretty sure that the orange turns more heads and gets more complements than those other pedestrian colors. It's got character.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts