Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
New to the membership, but I've been "lurking" for quite sometime. Hopefully going to pull the trigger in the next week, as the snow is starting to melt somewhat here in Montana. I'm gonna be in the minority of people that try and make this a sport touring bike for some long weekend jaunts with the lady, but the rest of the time it'll have a tank bag on it at most. Thanks for having me, and if there are another Montanans out there PM me.

-Skyler
aka Cortez

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
Welcome Cortez!
I'm with you in that small minority of people who will be using this as a ST bike! :)

Oh, and welcome to the cult!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome!
Make sure it's a red one!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm from Bozeman, but the Navy has delivered me to this motorcycle haven known as SoCal. Welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from Bozeman, but the Navy has delivered me to this motorcycle haven known as SoCal. Welcome to the addiction.
I was born in Southern Cali, I imagine the riding seasons just a slight bit better there than Montana ......

I'm 90% sure I'm going with "graphite", getting heated grips, a 12v/USB, a windscreen OEM for now, and eventually a seat once more reviews are available. I might upgrade the front forks but want to give the bike sometime before jumping into anything I might feel isn't necessary.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I was born in Southern Cali, I imagine the riding seasons just a slight bit better there than Montana ......

I'm 90% sure I'm going with "graphite", getting heated grips, a 12v/USB, a windscreen OEM for now, and eventually a seat once more reviews are available. I might upgrade the front forks but want to give the bike sometime before jumping into anything I might feel isn't necessary.
Funny enough I was born down here too, moved to MT when I was 6 months.

I have a seat concepts seat, I love it. It's very grippy, much better foam and you don't feel like you are sliding forward. Marthy has a custom seat that he had made for two up riding, might wanna ask him what he's had done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts