Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, I called my local dealer that I had a deposit with for about 2 months. I know He bugged Yamaha all he could but could get no answers. I figured maybe I would dive into the problem. So I got on the internet and found all dealers within 150 miles. The first one said, we got 1, sold it, don't know when we will get any more. Second dealer, said one came in and still in the crate. I asked if sold, he said no, I asked what color he said gray (I want red but don't care anymore), I told him I have been quoted 9k out the door (CA tax, license, dealer prep, shipping all included). He said let me run the numbers. Called me back in 15 minutes. 8975.00 otd. I ask what time I could pick it up. He said 10am. At high Noon, I got the keys. By 5pm I had 125 miles on it. First thing to go was the ugly sticker on the tank. Riding in B mode for day 1 getting to know each other. Vin number... 122

high noon s fz-09.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats on the bike and the weather. According to weather forecasts the western states are going to have a warmer than average winter.

·
Registered
881 Posts
That's great to read. Hope you enjoy yours for a long time to come!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day 2, total now 215 miles. After 100 mile ride today, I zipped in the garage, dumped the oil (hot hot), changed filter (hot hot), new oil, owners manual is right. I measured it, 2.70L will fill it up to the right line. 31ft pounds on the drain plug seems pretty tight. will get new crush washer for next change at 600 miles. Filtered the old oil through paper towel and nothing obvious in the way of pieces of motor parts. Did seam like some coloring shade streaks like not mixed well oil in the pan. Not sure if normal for the oil they used or there was some contamination or condensation. Not loosing any sleep over it. love the bike.

Reactions: marthy and v2Bob
1 - 15 of 15 Posts