Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 miles on my stock rear tire and it is gone!! Anyone here have the same problem? I always thought that stock tires lasted longer. It is a disgrace! I have gotten 3.5K out of a PP on my SV1000s.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have 2000 miles on my stock rear tire and it is gone!! Anyone here have the same problem? I always thought that stock tires lasted longer. It is a disgrace! I have gotten 3.5K out of a PP on my SV1000s.
Burned mine off in 1100 miles.

Lots of torque will do that.

Getting 3k to 4k on the PR4's.

I do ride hard though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I changed out my stock Dunlops at 3800 miles for a set of Angel GTs. There are many factors that cause tires to wear differently but regardless of your size, weight, and riding style, running correct pressures for the type of riding you do and taking the time to set the bike up suspension and geometry wise will increase anyone's tire life substantially. I now have almost 2K on my Angel GTs and they look barely used. I don't consider myself an extremely aggressive rider but I do ride hard when I take trips to roads that induce that riding style.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I changed out my stock Dunlops at 3800 miles for a set of Angel GTs. There are many factors that cause tires to wear differently but regardless of your size, weight, and riding style, running correct pressures for the type of riding you do and taking the time to set the bike up suspension and geometry wise will increase anyone's tire life substantially. I now have almost 2K on my Angel GTs and they look barely used. I don't consider myself an extremely aggressive rider but I do ride hard when I take trips to roads that induce that riding style.
Agree on the Angel GT. Great tire wear with lots of comments on the following thread...

http://www.fz09.org/forum/16-fz-09-...i-angel-gt-dunlop-sportmax-off.html#post59363

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
mine lasted 4,500 miles but probably 2,000 of those miles were boring commuting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I stopped at a buddy's house on the 4th day I had mine and I noticed the rear tire had small rubber slivers/pieces in the center. He asked if I was doing burn outs.
I'm hoping I get somewhat decent mileage. The rear tire is a lot harder to replace than on my Vfr. Time to get a stand!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said I ran PP on my SV1000s, more torque, more weight same HP. Never got less than 3.5K on them. My suspension is set up as good as it can be for a stock system, I run a few PSI lower than suggested. I ride it like a maniac but then again that is the way I ride all my bikes. Thanks for the feedback, I will be getting some Q3s and see how long they last.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I got 3k on the oem bridgestones. I probably could have stretched it further with straight road riding, the majority of the wear was on the edges. On Q3's now, they wear a little quicker but the feel they give you when your leaned over is worth it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
A day on the track and lots of canyon carving later, my rear Q3 is on its edge wear marker. With plenty of tread in the center, i'm sure I could have stretched the tire another 1-2k miles with normal riding. Front tire still has plenty of tread left and should last as long as my new rear.

Overall, the Q3 is the best feeling tire I've ever ridden. It warms up quick and sticks amazingly to any type of road surface. Q3 is my preffered tire of choice.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I commute on my bike and got something like 5500 miles out of the stock Bridgestones. Switched them out with some Pilot Power 3s and couldn't be happier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts