Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the tires make a squealing noise as I have been leaning lower into turns. Does that mean i'm starting to get close to my lean limit? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I noticed that the tires make a squealing noise as I have been leaning lower into turns. Does that mean i'm starting to get close to my lean limit? Thanks.
Probably the squirrel you just ran over! Just kiddin.

What tires are you running?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
That's interesting. I ran the stock tires for about 1100 miles.

Rode it pretty hard but don't recall ever hearing a squeal.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I never heard a peep from the Bridgestones on mine... is it possible the tires would squeal if they were way out of alignment? I know it can happen with cars from personal experience.... :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, that's a strange one...I've never heard motorcycle tires squeal on the street or track. Maybe I haven't gone fast enough :sad11:

Could it be the road maybe, was it slightly wet?

·
Registered
978 Posts
It could be the wheel bearings, loose or bad. The squeal maybe happening because they are loose in the race. The squeal is only happening when a side load is applied to them. It is also possible that the axle is loose. Check them just to make sure before before you ride again, this could be serious.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Oh just thought of another possibility, also check that torque on your brake calipers. It certainly sounds to me like something is loose and anly is squeaking during side loads.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm guessing bearings or caliper as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts