Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I am putting michelins on mine.
I'd be curious to see what you think after the change. Michelins have always been my second choice... very predictable as I remember. Plus good feedback at the bar ends... you should be able to tell when you're running in a bit of sand or other slippery conditions, even if you can't see it on the road... the pressure at the bar ends will fall off but you will still have good traction. It's that fall off that will let you know to back off a bit. May be my second choice, but they make some damn fine tires. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ok ok all this very important tire talk got my head spinning.
We all know that stickiness and durability requires a riders match - compatibility.
The questions is how and which websites are giving us the needed factual data (operation temp vs. ambient temperature, stickiness, durability etc.) to make this very important choice for various riding style?

BTW our FZ-09 manual was saying the the Bridgestone S20F is the other official supported tire.? Any body out there who has experience on it?
The s20 came stock on mine, but haven't pushed them all the way yet. They work very well for my style of riding (hard in, glide, power out). No chance to test them in hot weather, but we'll see how well they handle corner exit next summer. It should be noted that this is my first bike with radial tires, so far i like the way they feel.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
... Question with 1300 miles----should I replace it with the same or an upgrade? Mich Pilot for example? Meaning replace just the rear for now. Is it ok to mix like this? I really can only do one now with Christmas coming.
The big thing to remember here is that you want balance between the front and rear grip. Changing only one may cause unforeseen issues, but if the tires give similar feel they may be ok to mix. If you don't push the bike hard it might not matter... any tire experts here? :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts