Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gas milage with the Vcyclenut Flash?

Well I have been a hold out for a long time. Almost 9k on da bike with the stock ECU.

That is about to change. Been checking out the super flash job that Vcyclenut has been doing.

The super hooligan quick turn mode has really turned my head. Sounds like exactly what I need.

Curious if any of you guys that have his flash have checked your fuel mileage since the flash?

I am hoping the mileage does not suffer too much since the range of the 09 is kinda short already.

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
It is deff going to go down some, depends a lot on what exhaust your running. Also I think the fact that the quick turn throttle makes it about impossible not to roll on it to feel the pull is going to hurt mileage also, lol.

Im honestly also curious what people are finding. 90% of my riding is pleasure and somewhat aggressive. I deff think there would be a market for a tank that had extra capacity if it kept the looks of the bike intact as even stock as you know the range is pretty bad.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If Yamaha didn't put bogus air scoops on the sides of the tank we probably could have ended up with another gallon of fuel.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It is deff going to go down some, depends a lot on what exhaust your running. Also I think the fact that the quick turn throttle makes it about impossible not to roll on it to feel the pull is going to hurt mileage also, lol.

Im honestly also curious what people are finding. 90% of my riding is pleasure and somewhat aggressive. I deff think there would be a market for a tank that had extra capacity if it kept the looks of the bike intact as even stock as you know the range is pretty bad.
Gonna go with the stock exhaust so I am thinking the economy will not suffer as much as with a full system. Full system is like a guy eating X-lax...things really begin to flow through ya. Lol.

Coming up on the 9k mark. Time for new plugs and air filter. Since the tank and ECU have to come out, may as well send the ECU off to Florida!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
since i got mine flashed with Carbon Akra, im doing around 2-3 MPG less
Hey thanks for the report.

How did your Akra full system effect bottom end torque on your 09? Their website description says it's designed for high revving power.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well I have been a hold out for a long time. Almost 9k on da bike with the stock ECU.

That is about to change. Been checking out the super flash job that Vcyclenut has been doing.

The super hooligan quick turn mode has really turned my head. Sounds like exactly what I need.

Curious if any of you guys that have his flash have checked your fuel mileage since the flash?

I am hoping the mileage does not suffer too much since the range of the 09 is kinda short already.
My gas mileage has gone down definitely. It's mostly because of the way the new map encourages you to ride than anything else. I run stock exhaust.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey thanks for the report.

How did your Akra full system effect bottom end torque on your 09? Their website description says it's designed for high revving power.
I dont think it got worse. here is my graph, however I dont have dyno run with stock exhaust.
Blue one before and red after ECU mapping/flash.
This is with DB killer in.(with DNA air filter and some holes in air box)
With DB killer out, it gives around 5 more hp, but way too loud for my liking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts