Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I told the man at the dealership to let me know when they got an FZ-07 in so I could compare it to the 09. Well, they did, and now I'm even more certain I want the 09. The 07 seems nice, but for the price I'll take the cool three cylinder.

And they almost got me to buy it today... They have a red one with a full Yoshi exhaust that they want to move, so they offered to give me the exhaust free (yeah right, nothing is free). It took all my willpower to walk away from that one, oh how I want it. But, I'm moving in two days, and just got a promotion but they haven't told me what it pays yet, so I just couldn't. Seriously tempted to go get a loan from my bank, but I think I need to wait on all this. I'm really just posting this to convince myself I'm not about to ditch out of work to buy a motorcycle, tempting as it is.

Still though, I only need about 3 grand more... This could turn into an exensive weekend...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sure, sure, you do what you gotta do. In the meantime the rest of us will be out running the bike to redline, poppin' wheelies and behavior of the sort. From what I hear supplies are running out until next year. Just saying.....

·
Registered
885 Posts
An expensive weekend followed by riding the streets of Ithaca might be better than an exhausting decade, Odysseus. Best wishes on your voyage!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad ancient greek mythology references are still valid...

They said they wouldn't be getting anymore till mid October, but that's not such a long wait. And frankly, it's not like there is tons of good riding in Boulder from October to March, so if I have to wait till next season I can do that. OTOH, it's been a while since I've done anything TRULY irresponsible, maybe I should get it in while I can still call myself a twenty-something.

You guys are worse than sirens. :D

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Mid-October should be a 2015 model without a years worth of depreciation.

Blow winds blow, crack your cheeks upon thy breasts - King Lear

Oh, too soon for that. Welcome and good luck with the new promotion and bike envy.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
'Tis the end of season, nearly all leaves are fell, but some linger on... their grasp upon thy mother's branch a strong and mindful one! The end of the riding season is closing in, which means better deals. Personally I would gamble and wait... :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not everyday you find a group of people that can throw Shakespear and Dio onto one page and make it sound so awesome. Well done gang.

I'm figuring it's not a big rush. I have the SV still, so it's not like I'm not riding, and if I've learned anything in my life it's never believe a salesman when he says they might run out of what you are wanting to buy. They will get more, possibly even used though I doubt it.

Reactions: JM123

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Saw an FZ07 in person a couple nights ago... Couldn't imagine buying that when the 09 is only 1000 more

·
Registered
349 Posts
Tied to the mast???... I can only think of it as some kind of "Death Therapy"???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saw an FZ07 in person a couple nights ago... Couldn't imagine buying that when the 09 is only 1000 more
Agreed. I actually think the FZ-07 is rather beautiful, but yeah for the money 09 all day long. I'm happy to see both on this side of the pond though, we have seen some cool naked bikes that we had been missing out on.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I really like the look of the FZ-07.

Wish they would have made the FZ-09 like it.

Especially the seat cowl combo look.

But would not trade my 09 for the world. It's a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAddddd ride.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The 07 is a great bike but coming from an SV650 it's more of a lateral change than a true "upgrade." It's more or less the same bike, just with about 15 years worth of technological upgrades. The 09 is a completely different animal and is worth waiting for, provided you're willing to do the suspension on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts