Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the akra. Removed baffle before it went on the bike. Highly impressed. Went for a test ride about 5km pulled over just to have a look and to my amazement
I then unwrapped it from my wheel
Then about another 3km home it looked like this again and this much came out. Now highly pissed off

I removed the exhaust and it's coming out from the join in the two pipes

I fashioned a hook type tool to push what I had back inside and emailed the Yamaha dealer I got it from :/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and also. Since I pushed it back in I have ridden it probably 15km around and it hasn't come out again :s so it might not be a problem anymore. Then I put the baffle in. So if it's coming out now I won't know until it blocks up the exhaust :/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in the works of sending it back. They are contacting their rep and asking how to go about it.

Just wondering if anybody with the same exhaust, do you have a gap between the baffled pipe and the formed pipe on the intake side (where the packing is coming out)?
at a guess, I'd say I have about 3mm around it.

c'monnnnnn go take it off and tell me lol it's only 2 bolts and 2 springs. :tongue:

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is a manufacturing fault. I would suggest you take it back to the point of purchase and ask for either a replacement or refund. I have this exhaust and it's a great piece of kit unfortunately you have a faulty one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's a clearer photo of the inside.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Glad it didn't really foul the brake!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like they didn't butt the perforated tube up before sealing, I don't know how, get them to send you a replacement and then send this one back in the prepaid return box the new one comes in.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sucks you got the one defect out of 10,000+ systems! I have over 5000 miles on mine and not one complaint from it. But youre dealing with Akra. Unlike the others out there they will stand behind their product 100%.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure if I'm dealing with akra or Yamaha :S as the dealer I spoke to said he will contact their Yamaha rep, I'm thinking it may come under Yamaha as it's listed as a genuine Yamaha accessory. But anyway I still haven't heard anything, so till then I'll keep letting the packing blow out and when I send it back hopefully there's none left in there lol (although still no more has come out since I pushed it in)

And yeah I'd like to be able to receive new one and then send this one back but I bet it won't work that way, they'll want to receive this one then send a new one. Bastards.

I also wondered if they'll just want me to send the muffler or the whole thing headers and all :S just the muffler would save on postage and my fitting and removing time!

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's a shame and is simply unacceptable; it doesn't matter where you purchased, it's a defective product and the seller is required to refund your money or provide you with a complete replacement. Don't accept anything less.

Reactions: Emtee09

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That sucks, i'm sure whoever you bought it from will help you get it sorted out.

Whats interesting is the muted tone of the quality control lynch mob on this forum. Seems like they only dish out the heavy scrutiny on the smaller companies.. makes perfect sense!

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ebay but it's a Sydney Yamaha dealer. It was just easier for me than making phone calls and my "local" 2 hours away dealer wouldn't reply to emails.

Whats interesting is the muted tone of the quality control lynch mob on this forum. Seems like they only dish out the heavy scrutiny on the smaller companies.. makes perfect sense!
Not sure I know what you mean by this, but I was shocked such a "premium" brand has done this. But it's mass produced so even the best make mistakes.

Still haven't heard anything either...

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
He means that people give his mate graves lots of crap when they screw up, but no one is shouting at akra..
Although this is the first time I've seen packing blown out, not like it has happened to quite e few who bought fender eliminators or anything.
Although he does have a point, no lynch mob when a flash has bad code. Maybe it's cause it gets fixed right away?

And yep, I'm a cheeky ****er.
Just deal with bike biz or whichever dealer it is, they sold it, they fix it- doesn't matter if their supplier made something poorly, it's their problem to deal with because they sold it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not bike biz just FYI I'm not going to say what dealer it is atm because it's not fair on them as it's not their fault.

Anyway I asked if he received my email he said "Yes I did.

I've forwarded it on. They are checking it out for us. I'll let you know. Hopefully they have a repack kit or something."

Uhhhh re pack kit??? So they want me to drill the rivets out and re pack it? GTFO!!
In that case there must be a lot of people with faulty let's say. Refrigerators that are expected to re gas it themselves. If that's what they expect to give me "a re pack kit" they can get ****ed.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
That's when you say no, I want a new one.
If you bought a whole bike off them and it came with a ding in the tank, your wouldnt accept some bog and touch up paint, they'd owe you a new one.

It's faulty, they need to send a new one, and pay for return shipping, end of story.

Oh, and your contract was with the vendor, not the manufacturer. The vendor needs to fix it, not rely on their supplier/manufacturer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check out the new Australian consumer laws 2012. You are entitled to a replacement or refund. You do not have to deal with either the manufacturer or Yamaha. The retailer that sold the item to you is responsible to make good. If I were you I would be telling the the reseller that I will be lodging a claim with fair trading unless they provide a immediate replacement. This usually does the trick. Many sales people are not aware of the new consumer rights and are acting unlawfully. Once this is spelled out to them the attitude changes very quickly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts