Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here back in the days! 1987, I'm 16 YO back then on my 82 Honda MB5 rocking the mullet. Still to these days I regret to sell that thing, so much fun! And yes, that was the fastest in town. Clock 70 MPH on it... already in my early days, stock bike were not an option. Before anyone ask... yes, the exhaust is modded. :evil6:

Marthy MB5.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fresh out of the Army in 1989. My first street bike, a 1987 Kawasaki Ninja 750. I had just returned from Germany....no speed limit. I am still amazed that I survived.

1987 ninja 750_n.jpg

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
225 Posts
My first 2 bikes in this shot....I guess it's circa 1974/5

You gotta love the Swamp Rat plate!

2-6-2014 9;27;33 AM.jpg

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I can't decide which is worse, Doug's neon gear or Shannon's belly shirt. :sorrow:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't decide which is worse, Doug's neon gear or Shannon's belly shirt. :sorrow:
Sadly, I had both:eek:

Shannon, I also returned from the military in 1989.

·
Registered
337 Posts
1990 sporting the neon gear. It was a dark time in our history.

View attachment 3814

1994 Daytona on my Hurricane a la CBR100F

View attachment 3815
Forget the Neon you were rocking a KTM when no one knew what they were! Hell when I had my 97 EXC in NJ no one else had one - amazing what the last decade has done for them.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
All Shannon is missing is the fanny pack but i have a feeling that was off to the side along with his oakley frogskin sunglasses :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Little over 13 yrs ago. Workin on my 92 fzr600 vance and hines edition with my son. image.jpg

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
663 Posts
cb360T.jpg

My second bike. This was probably taken in about 1978. Honda CB360T with a Vetter fairing. I added the crash bars, fog lights, and a stereo.

It all came to an end courtesy of a Chevy Silverado as I sat at a stop sign. I mean really. Who hits a stationary vehicle?

·
Registered
123 Posts
1983 GS750 ES.jpg
First Street bike EVAR.. 1984 in Vacaville CA

1983 GS 750 ED.. before the Yoshimura goodies were added

·
Registered
123 Posts
My best friend had a 360 T. We found an old issue of some motorcycle magazine and it was voted the worst or most dangerous motorcycle ever made.. :eek:

·
Registered
663 Posts
My best friend had a 360 T. We found an old issue of some motorcycle magazine and it was voted the worst or most dangerous motorcycle ever made.. :eek:
Man, maybe they were right. I got taken out, and I wasn't even moving. I had it two years, and got a CB750 after the 360T got totaled.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Here back in the days! 1987, I'm 16 YO back then on my 82 Honda MB5 rocking the mullet. Still to these days I regret to sell that thing, so much fun! And yes, that was the fastest in town. Clock 70 MPH on it... already in my early days, stock bike were not an option. Before anyone ask... yes, the exhaust is modded. :evil6:

View attachment 3812
Ah the old MB5. That was such a cool little bike.

I used to work at the local Honda dealership back in the early 80's. . I remember when those came out.

We had a blast racing those around the dealership parking lot!

That was back in the days when you could actually do a test ride!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Circa 2004...I'm on the right on my '99 YZ125. Was 15 in this pic. Heading back from a weekend at the dunes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
All Shannon is missing is the fanny pack but i have a feeling that was off to the side along with his oakley frogskin sunglasses :)
Did you know me then?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts