Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any possibilities to reduce or even eliminate the jumping throttle valve in the first few mm of opening the throttle?

Like in this video:

I have read something about calibrating TPS and APS sensors but I tried it and it did not work or I am just doing it wrong.
My aim is to reduce the kicking throttle response.
Do you have any other advice to reduce the agressive throttle response?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Seriously? Throttle by wire bike

A good ECU flash will smooth it out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course seriously.
I know it is a ride by wire system.
I just read about adjusting TPS and APS sensor can remove these problems.

I am thinking about an ECU flash but they are really expensive here in germany.
Maybe I can send it to someone in the USA if shipping is not that expensive.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
A flash is the way to go

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have seen that, but cant I just cut the original throttle to the form of the throttle tamer to have the same effect?

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I also had limited access to a reflash. I remedied 90% of the twitchiness by using KevXTX's O2 device, adjusting throttle cable freeplay to as little as possible, and replacing my throttle cables. ( They were a few years old).
Some members have found that cleaning the TPS and APS sensor connecting plugs with contact cleaner and then using dielectric grease inside them has helped in some cases.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly, vcyclenuts said he won't flash ECUs Internationally. So has anyone other recommendations for an ECU flash?

In a german forum someone opened the kev o2 controller and showed that there are just 2 resistors in it. Is this true? Because about 100€ for 2 resistors some cables and connectors is a bit expensive I think.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sadly, vcyclenuts said he won't flash ECUs Internationally. So has anyone other recommendations for an ECU flash?

In a german forum someone opened the kev o2 controller and showed that there are just 2 resistors in it. Is this true? Because about 100€ for 2 resistors some cables and connectors is a bit expensive I think.
I've heard good things about an Ivan's flash. If you can't get a vcyclenut flash, maybe they will flash internationally?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ask Kevxtx, he's on this forum.
I can confirm that his O2 controller works, and so does the equivalent EJK O2 controller, although they are both expensive for what they are.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

I didn't pay anything like that. I'd also rather it was done by someone with knowledge and means of testing it.
I certainly couldn't.

·
Registered
610 Posts
As I mention in the PM to you, I state in my eBay Ad & nearly every forum that has asked the controller is a voltage divider & yes it controls the wave forum voltage in real time & offsets the voltage signal to the ECU, it is not a fixed signal like a 02 eliminator.

A reflash is always your best option as the mapping is poor from Yamaha, I only made these 02 controllers when we had no options for the closed loop in flashing it off, there is no market for the 09 controller anymore & stopped making them in 2016 & have only a few of them left in stock, I have produced a working Euro 4 02 controller but will not be bring it to market for the Yamaha's.

Kev

·
Registered
160 Posts
Did you ask him directly, I know he's flashed ECUs from other countries before and even told someone from Morocco he'd do thiers not to long ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you ask him directly, I know he's flashed ECUs from other countries before and even told someone from Morocco he'd do thiers not to long ago.
Yes I asked him directly.
He said the problem is if the flash is not working correctly shipping costs would be too high to flash again.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Well, if you're willing to pay shipping costs, he may agree to do it. You just need to agree in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Buy the stuff to do the flash and pay vcyclenut for the tune. Then you can both do others in and around Germany.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you started the bike and watched the initial opening? The butterflys aren't at idle so you may be fooling your self into thinking the problem is bigger than you think it is. If it still jumps like that when idling, then read a little farther into it. Have you had the Yamaha reflash done at least? Smoothed mine out tremendously.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts