Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I've searched and didn't find exactly what i was looking for. Hi guys, i'm a new owner of a 2015 FZ-09. I've been riding for years. My question is the throttle modes? Just to be clear the standard mode and the A mode have exactly the same power, correct? The only difference is the throttle ratio? Like A mode is just 50-75% of the twist of standard or is there any other quirks? I'm a avid wheelie guy and while I'm still adjusting to the bike I'm finding A mode a little twitchy on a wheelie, maybe it's just because I'm not used to it yet but if I use standard mode instead I just want to know if I am losing any power whatsoever? Wheelies in standard mode are a piece of cake for me into 5th gear. Fun stuff. So that question aside my old bike was a R1 pre fuel injection would I be correct in guessing that the standard mode throttle would be about the same as that or any standard pre fuel injected bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Standard mode for regular riding and A mode when carving the twisties.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
How the owners manual describes the STD, A & B modes.

D-modes.jpg

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Just to be clear the standard mode and the A mode have exactly the same power, correct? The only difference is the throttle ratio? Like A mode is just 50-75% of the twist of standard or is there any other quirks? I'm a avid wheelie guy and while I'm still adjusting to the bike I'm finding A mode a little twitchy on a wheelie, maybe it's just because I'm not used to it yet but if I use standard mode instead I just want to know if I am losing any power whatsoever? Wheelies in standard mode are a piece of cake for me into 5th gear. Fun stuff. So that question aside my old bike was a R1 pre fuel injection would I be correct in guessing that the standard mode throttle would be about the same as that or any standard pre fuel injected bike?
same power for 'a' and 'std'. 'std' is closer to the standard throttle you're used to, and 'a' is more like a quick turn throttle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks, that is what I was looking for. Standard has all the power but with a longer twist and A is a shorter twist but no different in power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts