Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a throttle lock that works on the FZ09? I've had the bike for 2 months (it's my 5th bike) and by far the most fun I've had on 2 wheels!

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Throttlemeister-heavy, keeps vibes down too.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had one of THESE on my old bike. Cheap, effective, and reliable. I will probably pick one of these up soon. At $27 shipped, can you really go wrong?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Actually here is a better link on BIKEBANDIT. Speaking of which, are our bikes single or dual cable throttle? I never took notice..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. I was thinking of the throttlemeister. Nice to know it works. I'll order one tonight.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I completed the installation of a Vista Cruise MCVICY-P which is the model for use on Yamaha motorcycles. This Vista Cruise came with two different clips for use with single and dual throttle cables. However, it is designed for a motorcycle with the cables below the throttle.

The problem with installing these inexpensive throttle locks on the FZ-09 there is nothing to prevent the lock from spinning with the throttle. I modify one of the clips to attached to the one of the screws of the throttle cam housing. This arrangement positioned the lever to the front of the throttle. It worked but all of the bending weakened clip and it broke. The position was not the best.

I fabricated a bracket from an aluminum sheet and sprayed with plastic dip. The bracket attaches to screw under the control module and position the Vista Cruise were it belongs.

The Vista Cruise was purchased here Amazon.com: Sound Off Recreational Vista Cruise MCVICY-P: Automotive

Bracket

Bottom view of the bracket installed

Side view of the bracket installed with Pro Grip 714

Top view of the installation with Pro Grip 714

The finished view

1 - 12 of 12 Posts