Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short have just put a new genuine Yamaha throttle grip on the bike (i buggered around with the old one rendering it useless) but the new one has got quite a lot of sideways slop on the bars, I'm not talking radial play that can be adjusted out by the cable adjuster BTW, it's knocking left and right. I'm obviously aware that there has to be some clearance to keep things moving freely but this is excessive. Neither the old original throttle or my G2 throttle does this. So does anyone else have this or have sorted it with spacers or such like? The bikes not with me ATM but next time it is I'll get both throttles next to each other so I can measure them and see where the play is actually coming from, just thought I'd ask in advance in case this has already been covered by someone.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A thin semi circle plastic shim to drop into the lower half of the clamp on the bars will fix this. I've done precisely this.

Something about the thickness of an ice cream container or similar.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A thin semi circle plastic shim to drop into the lower half of the clamp on the bars will fix this. I've done precisely this.

Something about the thickness of an ice cream container or similar.
Perfect thanks :)

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Would you happen to have a picture of this semi circle plastic shim your referring to?

My 2016 fz 09 has a big sideways play.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum Yellow09.
You will probably need to figure this out for yourself since this was posted several years ago and I doubt sporti is still around. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would you happen to have a picture of this semi circle plastic shim your referring to?

My 2016 fz 09 has a big sideways play.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum Yellow09.
You will probably need to figure this out for yourself since this was posted several years ago and I doubt sporti is still around.
Thanks for the welcome :)

I had a feeling that reviving an old thread is a long shot but I had to try hehehe instead of making another one.

I went riding today and I think it?s not bothering me that much like before. My attention is more on holding on the handlebar when torque kicks in.

Which reminds me I may need to change my screen name. I was in the process of buying a 2015 yellow fz but I found a 2016 at the same price so I had to get the 2016.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts