Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while I was cleaning off the last many miles I noticed that on full lock to the right the throttle cables were pulled taught. So much so that you could hear it rubbing against the steering yoke. It was the first time that I noticed that both throttle cables are routed from the left side of the steering yoke around the front and over to the throttle tube. Can someone please confirm if this is right or not? I'm wondering if I need to reroute it to the other side of the yoke or if there is a clamp under the tank I can loosen to give it more slack.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. I figured it out.

Thread can be deleted.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm guessing he increased the play in the throttle cable; the adjuster is covered by a rubber boot, pull it back to expose it. Extend to take up slack, shorten to increase play.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot I had the service manual so I looked up the routing and determined that it is correct. At that point in the night I had to make a decision, take off the tank and dig in or go for a ride. Ride won!

Once it was warmed up I turned full lock to right a few times and could not hear or see any difference in rpm's. I am not happy about the stress on them but its only an issue when maneuvering for parking etc...

Based on where they terminate under the tank on the left side of the bike I am not sure rerouting is an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts