Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
It goes to the evap emissions canister - to burn fuel vapors from the fuel tank, because fuel vapors kill rain forests or something. If you don't have it, just block it off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It goes to the evap emissions canister - to burn fuel vapors from the fuel tank, because fuel vapors kill rain forests or something. If you don't have it, just block it off.
I don't have it so I will just block it because now it's still open.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
🤔 not so patiently waiting for an update!
Well, sorry for the late update 😬 really busy with university at the moment...

So... I blocked off the vacuum hose so there can’t get a lot of dirt in the throttle body’s because they were really dirty so I took them off and cleaned them.
That done I checked everything and started her up, noticeably the cold start was a lot better at 16-1700 RPM don’t know if that had to do with some fault codes but ok.
Warm start was a lot better and around 13-1400 RPM so I’m really happy with how she runs now.
Hopefully that’s what you wanted to hear? 😉

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
Well, sorry for the late update 😬 really busy with university at the moment...

So... I blocked off the vacuum hose so there can’t get a lot of dirt in the throttle body’s because they were really dirty so I took them off and cleaned them.
That done I checked everything and started her up, noticeably the cold start was a lot better at 16-1700 RPM don’t know if that had to do with some fault codes but ok.
Warm start was a lot better and around 13-1400 RPM so I’m really happy with how she runs now.
Hopefully that’s what you wanted to hear? 😉

I hope you read the sarcasm / humor into my last post! Yes.... Yes thanks for the update... Was wondering what the results were.... I'll be curious how she runs under race conditions as well. University is definitely more important than update some toads on the interweb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts