Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I've had slews of bikes, starting with a Honda SL-70 when I was 9 (a loooong time ago). I got a 2014 Rapid Red to supplement my aging 2004 Honda Vfr (86K miles on it) on Saturday.
I love it! It's like riding my 1999 YZF400, but street version.
It's been foggy here lately, so today I had to ride the ol VFR to work (so as not to get my new joy all wet).

So, any suggestions for where to get:
1) swingarm spoolers?
2) tank pad?

Dutch

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Congrats on your 09 and welcome to the forum. My first bike was a yellow Honda SL-70, I was a slow starter though, I was about 12.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like my Stompgrip tank pads. Cuz they're Clear and it lets that Awesome Red shine through!

OES Full set of Sliders and Rear Spools. Great value and amazing protection as there are a few posts with pics on this site showing the aftermath of a fall with them. The pics alone were testimonial enough for me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Seriously, you had fog? Uh....well that sucks. Up here in Seattle, fog is a good day. Enjoy the winter riding down there, I'm so thrilled for you.
You know I'm joking, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Can't wait to start adding goodies...

Yeah, fog is cool (no pun intended), but I didn't wanna get wet myself. Sand Diego is a perfect place to ride = it almost *never* rains down here. I lived in Phoenix for many years and I swear it rains more there!

I'll have to look at the mods forum etc for all the stuff i really wanna do:
1) tank pad
2) pull the rear footpegs and do something with the reservoir
3) mini turn signals
4) fender eliminator/tail tidy
5) spools
6) sliders
...and whatever I can think of next...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome!

Fine color choice -- You must really appreciate Speeeed..lol

Frame Sliders

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, Dutch, just very jealous. I know San Diego, and every time someone from there joins, I just get a bit...but welcome and enjoy. And don't let that fog get ya down. You're bound to get a few good riding days in the future. I need to go throw up now. Be well, G.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Yeah, Dutch, just very jealous. I know San Diego, and every time someone from there joins, I just get a bit...but welcome and enjoy. And don't let that fog get ya down. You're bound to get a few good riding days in the future. I need to go throw up now. Be well, G.
Yup. Fog & rain. So Florida has had Heavy Rain 95% of days in July, August, and September.....Seems to finally be letting up now in mid October. I guess that's why we average 300 days of sunshine a year.:cool:

But the Sunmer really Blows around here. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, for two weeks just after I got my Vfr in 2004, it rained solid. Just hated to look at it in the garage! I can deal with a little fog.

It's a bit ironic that CA really needs the rain. Shoot, if it were to rain for 2 weeks now, maybe I could get the state to buy me a new bike each year...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts