Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...just picked this up this afternoon. 2008 WR250X with 13.5K miles on it. My initial impressions is this is a FUN bike. It just wants to bring out my inner hooligan and ride on sidewalks and jump off grassy knolls on my way thru the bank ATM.
Definitely needs a better exhaust and fuel programmer to wake it up a little but so far I think this is going to be a sweet bike.
I need more room in my garage.

WR250X.jpg

Garage.jpg

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At just a hair under 300lbs, it feels like a mountain bike...so light in the corners.

I was close to getting a DRZ400SM but this sprung up out of nowhere and was cheaper.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can't tell if it's got a braided steel brake line on it, but I'd suggest that as one of your first mods. The stocker feels like it's made out of recycled latex gloves.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't tell if it's got a braided steel brake line on it, but I'd suggest that as one of your first mods. The stocker feels like it's made out of recycled latex gloves.
No it doesn't. Would be nice to have a little more bite in the brakes.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Maybe you can hang it from the rafters like a bicycle...? Nice find :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
i'm a big fan of motards - had a drz400SM and a ktm 640 SM.
both hilarious bikes - the 250 should be fun. Grab an OEM yamaha R6 titanium can and get a link pipe made.
Ti, straight through pipe, and is stamped as being yamaha road legal . On my KTM it looked like image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Nice buy man. Looks like the WR will be a lot of fun.

Reactions: DTM74

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Was this a CL find...??? What was the damage $$ ???

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I wonder how a bike like this would stack up to a duke 390? The duke is 340 wet with 44 hp.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was this a CL find...??? What was the damage $$ ???
It was a CL find. $3500. Tried to talk him down a little but it was a fair price and he had 3 other people coming out on the weekend so here you go...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder how a bike like this would stack up to a duke 390? The duke is 340 wet with 44 hp.
With mods and at my elevation...I may be lucky to get 30hp. Would be interesting to see but the KTM would probably take it easily.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The WR250x was my first tard, as I wanted to dip my toe in before going full motard. I put a full Graves, PC3 with map, dropped a tooth up front and up two in the rear. It woke it up nicely and was a fun bike. I'd say those mods it would be comparable to a stock 390, but modded similarly I'd say the KTM will be more bike.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts