Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first I want to say from a stock perspective that I couldn't be more happy with the bike. I am however a heavy guy. About 260 geared up. (losing weight rapidly as well) I would like the suspension to be a little bit more stiff and not sink (it doesn't drag the ground but I would like it to feel like a supersport as far as how much it does down) when I get on it. And if I am in a full lean I don't want it bouncing around like a pin ball(haven't put her all the way over yet but plan too soon). The torque is amazing and addictive, and the exhaust note is something that I LOVE! I have been told that people are trying a ZX6 or ZX10 shock on it to help with the stiffness. Has anyone done this yet to their 09? If so please lemme know if you ran into any issues or challenges along the way with the installation.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Yea, do a search and you'll find a lot of info about that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys sorry for posting and making another thread on this. Didn't mean to get lazy on ya :p

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thank you guys sorry for posting and making another thread on this. Didn't mean to get lazy on ya :p
It's OK...on the first one you get a free pass for doing that. The next time it happens, you have to sell the FZ to me for $500 and use that money on a down payment on a Sportster 883! :cool:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I heard that the Huyabusa shock has a much stiffer spring and might work for you...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am right there with you Killian. I thought I was the only one weighing in at 260!! Recently adjusted the preload on the front suspension and it feels a lot better; however I know that my overall suspension is very soft and bounces a lot. I did my first extensive twisty ride yesterday. It was great, and I love everything about my bike... but i'm positive that when I do make the necessary upgrades I am going to realize what I never knew I was missing!

-Cheers from San Jose, CA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am right there with you Killian. I thought I was the only one weighing in at 260!! Recently adjusted the preload on the front suspension and it feels a lot better; however I know that my overall suspension is very soft and bounces a lot. I did my first extensive twisty ride yesterday. It was great, and I love everything about my bike... but i'm positive that when I do make the necessary upgrades I am going to realize what I never knew I was missing!

-Cheers from San Jose, CA
Woot finally thank you. This post was more or less a call like on Anchorman "BIGG PEEPS.....ASSEMBALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I am telling you the more I ride it the more I fall in love with this bike that's for sure. I am having the techs put my stuff to the stiffest settings today, I work at a stealership ( I sell the helmets and apparel) I will let them play with it :) Plus between the techs we have here, these guys have been riding sport bikes for over 150 years. Couldn't ask for a better situation to be honest. I will look into that hayabusa shock that may be something I have laying around here :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts