Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey squad,

Just toiling with the idea of creating a MODs review thread for my 2018 MT-09 when I get her fully completed next week (at least for now :D)

Thinking to maybe do a youtube series on my channel going over:

Pros
Cons
Thoughts
My personal opinion/recommendation

On all the mods I have done to her.

Not sure if this is something you all will be interested in as I have done some extensive work on her, so maybe new riders or people who are on the fence about making that purchase could have a little more info

What's the team's thoughts

The mods I can think off the top of my head for review are:

• Brembo RCS19 Corsa Corta
  • 520 Chain conversion kit with (aluminum sprockets front n rear)
  • Woodcraft Clips ons
  • Full suspension setup (stoltec fronts with springs/Penske triple-click Rear)
  • Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2 tyres
  • Rotobox boost carbon fiber wheels W/Ceramic bearings
  • Spieglar SS lines
  • Vesrah RJL Pads
  • Motion pro rev2 throttle kit
  • Puig Windscreen
  • Comfort Seat
  • Woodcraft rear sets
  • Full Carbon Akra exhaust
  • Power vision 3 dynojet tune
  • Lithium battery
All I can think of off the top of my head. I know a lot of you have these mods done already with reviews but if anyone is interested ill do a mini-series as stated above that ties them all in just in case it does help anyone for their mod planning on their FZ/MT

Cheers guys!

Kyle

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would love to see a dyno run comparison between the stock rear wheel and the carbon wheel with ceramic bearings

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Hey Kylos, that's actually a pretty good idea.
The "Builds" thread was intended for real fabrication and component adaptation not bolting on bar end mirrors so a thread showing the various farkles we have all added would be fun and helpful. Reviewing these widgets would surely add value.
For example: Adapt some big Brembo calipers or install a single sided swing arm------- that would go in the Builds thread.
Install some fancy chain adjusters, Renthal bars and a blinky tail light------that would go in the new Mods thread.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to see a dyno run comparison between the stock rear wheel and the carbon wheel with ceramic bearings
Hey CW,

This may sadly be a bit difficult as we do not have any motorcycle dynos in our island. only 1 car dyno. So actually doing a before and after to measure the +whp may be difficult. i will see what options are available but i can hopefully give a good assessment not in figures but on feel from the butt dyno lol

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Kylos, that's actually a pretty good idea.
The "Builds" thread was intended for real fabrication and component adaptation not bolting on bar end mirrors so a thread showing the various farkles we have all added would be fun and helpful. Reviewing these widgets would surely add value.
For example: Adapt some big Brembo calipers or install a single sided swing arm------- that would go in the Builds thread.
Install some fancy chain adjusters, Renthal bars and a blinky tail light------that would go in the new Mods thread.
Sounds pretty good, and i will do this then. cause the issues we have down here is that not much people fabricate, and also on the same hand not much people get a chance or want to upgrade with improved "bolt on" parts. So i think it would be informative to help anyone understand the mods and what it affects and how it changes the "ride" of the machine. Just something to help people make some more informed purchase decisions i guess

·
Registered
743 Posts
Do you have a drag strip on your island ? I'm sure I would like your weather and I could probably live without a dyno ,but if there's a no track I'd have to find a different island 😆

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WE do have a drag strip but not really a track its like a bunch of right turns that make a loop lol nothing like what you guys have away, but the weather is lovely and on the hills where i record my videos are a nice nature esqe kinda run :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts