Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, on Mon. I was making a delivery of race tires to the race shop in my area. I get the tires off, we count them and while the shop owner is signing for them, he says he has something in the shop I just have to see. I walk in the door to find this:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Restored to as good or better than the day Muzzy rolled it out of the race trailer the first time. The tank is signed by the man himself: Scott Ru$$ell! This is one of the endurance bikes. The owner brought it in to get it running better. Shop owner was itching to get it on the dyno to see what kind of numbers they could get.

Wish I could have spent more time looking it over, I still had a bunch of deliveries to make. Eventually, I'll be talking to the shop owner some more to get a bit more info.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
That's lovely, nice job.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Following up...Bike ran terrible on the dyno. They have the carbs torn apart and are doing a full clean and inspection to fine the reason. Shop owner has been busy so progress has been slow. He figures maybe another week before they get more dyno time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts