Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the tailight that i will buy when it comes out. Even though i already have a blaster X universal modulator i want to get this so i can elliminate my rear turn signals.

Estimated completion date is June 30th

CUSTOM LED BLASTER X TAILIGHT FOR FZ-09

Reactions: Alley Oop

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
yeah, there are certainly a ton coming out - Jon at customled is working on a prototype now as well and using my bike to test it - i think he plans to sell for $120 but pricing isn't final yet.

Everyone is using the stock form factor though - which I personally think looks like shit. I was hoping there would be more rizoma-esque looking lights but with brighter and more LEDs....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Everyone is using the stock form factor though - which I personally think looks like shit. I was hoping there would be more rizoma-esque looking lights but with brighter and more LEDs....
...and signals! Once that comes out, I'm getting it! :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most custom led lights are in the 130 range. Just ordered one for my wife's '14 Ninja 1000 for 129.99. So since it's a brand new bike just like the FZ i would expect the prices to be similar. Yes i know the FZ is all new nothing reused...but the ninja has mostly new stuff too except maybe the engine.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
only one I like now is the Rizoma, but I'm waiting for someone to come out with a less expensive version. If I change mine, the design has to flow with the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This is the tailight that i will buy when it comes out. Even though i already have a blaster X universal modulator i want to get this so i can elliminate my rear turn signals.

Estimated completion date is June 30th

CUSTOM LED BLASTER X TAILIGHT FOR FZ-09
Based on what I have seen, Custom LED's are the brightest on the market and they do a lot of research on safety and testing on different styles when they do their designs.

I will be getting one as soon as they com out (especially considering my latest rear-ending) as well as some of the tripage LED pegs.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Based on what I have seen, Custom LED's are the brightest on the market and they do a lot of research on safety and testing on different styles when they do their designs.

I will be getting one as soon as they com out (especially considering my latest rear-ending) as well as some of the tripage LED pegs.
Jon hooked up a led board to mine just to test it and it's a huge difference in brightness. The entire rear light will be on instead of the sides.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jon hooked up a led board to mine just to test it and it's a huge difference in brightness. The entire rear light will be on instead of the sides.

That's excellent! I cannot wait for this. Safety is my biggest concern with the rear lights. I even turned my rear turn signals into running lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
So far the prototype mold fit the existing housing so now he's getting the first fz board made which will take 3/4 weeks he said.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can always support the local guys too... :p

I have a Custom LED tail on all of my bikes and they are definitely great lights. But decided to support the little guy this time around. Can't wait to get your taillight on my bike dude!

Reactions: reid and Niner

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was gonna get the integrated light that "Niner" and his buddy put out, but I wanted to keep the stock running lights lit up on the sides of the brake light ( I love how the running lights look ). This custom one sounds like it should work for me, as it sounds like you get to keep the stock running lights ( lit up ), when the turn signals are off.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I was gonna get the integrated light that "Niner" and his buddy put out, but I wanted to keep the stock running lights lit up on the sides of the brake light ( I love how the running lights look ). This custom one sounds like it should work for me, as it sounds like you get to keep the stock running lights ( lit up ), when the turn signals are off.
Just to clear this up - the current rear brake running lights are the corners (not the middle of the light) - the CustomLED running light will be the entire brake light (not just the sides). The light is then split in half for the left and right turn signals and the entire light will flash and then remain on when pressing the brake.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for - I believe Niner's solution keeps the current running light layout? So you may want to go with his instead. CustomLED said preserving the current running light layout would cost significantly more money (his brake light system programming is the same across all lights - so to keep the current pattern he would have to make a new program and didnt think it was worth it).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just to clear this up - the current rear brake running lights are the corners (not the middle of the light) - the CustomLED running light will be the entire brake light (not just the sides). The light is then split in half for the left and right turn signals and the entire light will flash and then remain on when pressing the brake.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for - I believe Niner's solution keeps the current running light layout? So you may want to go with his instead. CustomLED said preserving the current running light layout would cost significantly more money (his brake light system programming is the same across all lights - so to keep the current pattern he would have to make a new program and didnt think it was worth it).
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had Custom LED taillights on our 2 track bikes and have one on the wife's ZX-10R...have been completely satisfied with everything from install, looks, function, quality, etc. Price is a tad high, but you do get a top notch product in my experience.

Only bummer is waiting for the FZ-09 light to be done. Can't wait to get mine!:)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
So I spoke with Jon a few days ago about a few things.

1. We're a week or so out from the 2nd phase of testing an actual prototype. This means there may be a working model available to ship by end of July or so.

2. I asked about a group buy discount if there was enough interest but apparently he sells through vendors too and has to keep the pricing fair. Pre-ordering the light however will net some type of discount (somethibg like $10 bucks)

The wait continues.... Will keep you guys posted.

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

1 - 20 of 143 Posts