·
Registered
877 Posts
Horrey Fluck ! :sad5:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it was the factory set....i weight 165 lbs....till now i didnt felt the need to upgrade the suspension....but those pictures of me change my poit of view pretty quickly!!

If i set them to the hardest tune is it gonna help?

·
Registered
380 Posts
You either hit really hard or need to tighten up the forks. I have mine maxed out, rebound is about a half turn off max. I am 205 pounds. I must admit I don't do wheelies and I have race tech springs ready to install so yes upgrading the suspension is a definite

Reactions: JustWantToRide

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
comfort mode will do that.. max out your pre-load and try it again. But be warned, your arms are gonna feel it more when you land.

Reactions: nburkhouse

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
The question that comes to my mind is this....Why would you bother wearing a helmet when you have no gloves, no jacket (short sleeves no less), no riding pants (shorts no less) and tennis shoes? Seems to make suspension issues pretty minor at this point!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Before seing those pictures i did almost a 12 o clock powerwheelie....it scared the crap out of me!!!! :tard:
I must said that the landing....was really roff and my friend heard a bang when the tire hit the ground....yup No wheelie until i fix my suspensions ;P
If you chopped the throttle or mashed the rear brake after that wheelie, almost any bike would bottom out.
+1 on the gear as Triple said

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The question that comes to my mind is this....Why would you bother wearing a helmet when you have no gloves, no jacket (short sleeves no less), no riding pants (shorts no less) and tennis shoes? Seems to make suspension issues pretty minor at this point!
ATGATT i know....i was doing some test with the GoPro and it was crazy hot outside....I always wear full gear when i go riding....but not full gear when i drive just in from of my house for some testing...I know i look like a squid but i aint one! :p

·
Registered
518 Posts
ATGATT i know....i was doing some test with the GoPro and it was crazy hot outside....I always wear full gear when i go riding....but not full gear when i drive just in from of my house for some testing...I know i look like a squid but i aint one! :p
1mm of skin for every 5mph over 35 miles an hour...if the bike doesnt land on top of you.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
there is no excuse for squidding around. Now your neighbors know your a squid.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Uhh, You weren't riding in those pictures??? Looks to me like you were! So, let me get this straight in my head....if you are out riding you wear full gear so you don't get hurt if you........let say, loop the bike or something like that? But if you are just riding like in front of your house testing or something, you don't need gear cause everyone knows you aren't really riding. So, in summary....

Testing = Cannot get hurt
Riding = You CAN get hurt!

To each their own, but maybe save some space on your digital camera for all the road rash pictures.....I've seen enough wheelies for one day.

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I think making a comparison of insufficient suspension absorbing a mashed wheelie is the equivalent to being pissed that your STI bottomed out after flying over a jump...

Suspension is not really optimized for your tires leaving the ground - whether it be 2 wheels or 4.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts