Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, the hooligan in me is really starting to shine and I dont know if its a good thing because now when I'm in the car I noticed I'm being more of an "assertive" driver. I have also noticed I find traffic to be more of a fun challenge rather than something I just flow with!

second, the fuel snob in me passed 2 gas stations on my way to a Shell when I was on F-Trip mile 7. that flashing bar was taunting me, daring me to stay the course to my preferred fuel. I also have a shell app on my phone to locate stations.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I cannot ride without busting out some 3rd gear power wheelies.

Instagram

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have mapped out where all if the individual grade pump stations are around my house and how far I can get with out running out of fuel. Don't like the idea of paying $4+ for a gallon of 87 still in the line.

Hooligan too. Just wish my Silverado had the same pick up so I could pass better. I find that after riding to work for about a week and then having to take the truck I try to squeeze the wheel to stop.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The hooligan in me that I had somewhat suppressed since my last offensive riding ticket has risen and cannot be subdued thanks to the FZ-09. I think there should be an exception in the law for wheelies on the FZ.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I put 89 in the bike the other day by accident. Ran fine.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
lol I've been following you on Instagram for a few weeks now...nice to put a screen name with......a screen name lol
What's your name on IG?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did a trip from Manitoba to Vancouver island and had to put 6 litres of 87 and I didn't notice any change... Riding in b mode

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i started following you as well (you're out of your damn mind haha)
LOL. Oh come on... Here's a fun little clip of Lemmon. 1198 Panigale starts chasing me on the way down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The octane reading is really just the resistance to heat rating. If you are not experiencing a ping when using lower octanes, you should be fine... I always use the highest octane possible as just a good measure. But when times are tough, use the lower over nothing...

·
Registered
349 Posts
LOL. Oh come on... Here's a fun little clip of Lemmon. 1198 Panigale starts chasing me on the way down.

Is the 1198 a friend of yours??? My impression was he wondering (WTF) kinda bike you were riding (Upright like a cruiser but as quick as a super sport). LOL FZ-09 is such a "Sleeper" Bike LOL

A sleeper (US English) or Q-Bike (British English) is a Bike that has high performance and an unassuming exterior.[1][2] Sleeper bikes are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class bike.

Now, I need to get GAS for my Bike.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Is the 1198 a friend of yours??? My impression was he wondering (WTF) kinda bike you were riding (Upright like a cruiser but as quick as a super sport). LOL FZ-09 is such a "Sleeper" Bike LOL

A sleeper (US English) or Q-Bike (British English) is a Bike that has high performance and an unassuming exterior.[1][2] Sleeper bikes are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class bike.

Now, I need to get GAS for my Bike.

Na he wasn't a friend. He was actually following me because I made him mad when I passed him on the right. I was sitting behind him for a mile and he was just holding his line so I went around. If I wouldn't have turned the gopro off you would have seen him give me a nice shove and tell me he was going to kick my ass if I ever did it again. Lol...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm not an expert by any means but the lean angle that guy takes on his ducati on some of the corners made me squirm and yell - move your ass off the seat dude! lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
The FZ has also turned me into more of a hoon than I already was... namely popping the front wheel up. I never bothered to learn how to wheelie on my 600RR since it just wasn't something I was after... now though with the FZ I bring the front up for a least a few seconds on every ride lol. That's enough enjoyment for me, maybe one day I'll work on holding and riding them out longer, but just bringing the front up in 1st is so effortless and fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts