Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been avoiding riding in A mode since I purchased the bike, which was about two weeks ago. Today I went out for a joyride and decided to try A mode for a bit. WOW. What a difference compared to B mode. The bike sounds so mean! I love that we have three riding options to choose from. I think STD or B might cut it for city riding. Speaking of modes, can I switch modes while in motion or do I have to come to a complete stop for the ECU to apply the desired mode? I've always changed the mode before riding but I'd like to hear if there is a preferred method.

Thanks for listening guys and here is a picture I took on my joyride just an hour ago:

·
Registered
238 Posts
You can change modes when moving but you need to close the throttle first.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You don't have to be stopped to change modes, but you need to close the throttle (as if your hand is off the grip).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice bike. Looks familiar. I better go check the garage. JK. I notice it's a little more raspy in A mode. My brother in law says it looks like something out of the Road Warrior. I'm OK with that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can change modes when moving but you need to close the throttle first.
You don't have to be stopped to change modes, but you need to close the throttle (as if your hand is off the grip).
Thanks guys! I was expecting you guys to say it doesn't matter so I'm glad I asked.

Good looking bike and mucho fun.
Thanks. Definitely a blast to ride around on.

Nice bike. Looks familiar. I better go check the garage. JK. I notice it's a little more raspy in A mode. My brother in law says it looks like something out of the Road Warrior. I'm OK with that.
Yeah I noticed that too. Man I love this bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts