Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Thinking of adding a Guzzi (back) to the garage...

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve H 
#1 ·
#9 ·
What do you guys think of the new TT that Guzzi is supposed to be producing for next year? I've never been a Guzzi fan - at all - but I actually think I like that thing!

View attachment 148790
I think it could be awesome. I hear a lot of people complaining about 'only 80hp, why air cool, etc etc', but honestly think that's more than enough for the type of riding you'd want to do on that thing

The looks are polarizing for sure, but I like it. Reminds one that it's ultimately a toy...

#7 ·
I think if I was going to drop that kind of money I'd probably go the Motus MST-R route. I hate that they are going out of business as I really wanted to see them produce enough to get the prices down to a more everyday man obtainable price, low $20K range.

Although that Guzzi is sexy with the exception of the seat. I'm not a big fan of that chopped off tail, exposed wheel look. I would prefer a speed hump or something to give the seat a more completed look, if that makes sense.

#14 ·
I just looked at a few Moto Guzzi's at a local dealer. I have to say they are fairly gorgeous. That being said, I traded a 2016 Ducati Scrambler for a 2016 XSR900. The reason being that I quickly got sick of the insane parts and service prices.The 2 week wait for parts sucks and as cool as Ducati's are, I think they have a lot more problems than Japanese bikes. My experience is that Ducati tries to get out of paying warranty claims and the only thing that kept it from being a totally miserable experience was a great dealer. The other thing was that at 75 HP, I got bored. The heat that came of the motor in the summer was not comfortable and I spent close to $2500 on mods and still needed to do the suspension. I was 3 minutes down the road with the Yamaha and it was very apparent that it was a vastly superior motorcycle. My feeling is that with Moto Guzzi you're going to have the same problems except they have an even smaller presence in the US than Ducati.

#15 ·
I prefer the BMW900T...saw them in the flesh so to speak at our local BMW dealer....even had a gorgeous demo one for 17k....was a close thing I can tell you....just as well for my marriage that I jumped on the MT and got the hell out of there hahaha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.