Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...I have Rhinomoto bar ends and CRG Arrows coming. I would like to mount my GoPro to one of the vacated mirror holes. I'm thinking about either:

This from Techmount ($54)
Techmount Yamaha - Kawasaki Motorcycle 10 mm Mirror GoPro Mount

Or these two items from Ram (along with claw thingy to connect the balls, which I already have):

RAM Motorcycle Twist and Tilt? Pivot Base with 1" Ball
RAM 1" Diameter Ball with Custom GoPro® Hero Adapter
Edited to add: Guess I would also need this. Brings total Ram solution to $44. I'm concerned that all the length will be unwieldy.
http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResu...65077045066045050048049085045065/Default.aspx

(And does the FZ09 have 10mm mirror holes?)

Anyone use either of these solutions or see potential problems?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I'd definitely go the ram mount - $55 bucks for the other one seems a bit ridiculous.

Alternatively - you can just use a sticky gopro mount on top of your master cylinder - didn't have to spend any extra coin and works just as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, they are 10mm.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the vibration of the bars may be a problem. Also you can only mount it on the left hand side as the right has left handed threads.
The Techmount product says:

"Designed to thread into the un-used mirror mounting holes found on many metric motorcycles. Threads into any 10mm x 1.25 standard ( righthand ) or reverse (lefthand) pitch mirror hole".

I presume it comes with both.

·
Registered
128 Posts
...I have Rhinomoto bar ends and CRG Arrows coming. I would like to mount my GoPro to one of the vacated mirror holes. I'm thinking about either:

This from Techmount ($54)
Techmount Yamaha - Kawasaki Motorcycle 10 mm Mirror GoPro Mount

Or these two items from Ram (along with claw thingy to connect the balls, which I already have):

RAM Motorcycle Twist and Tilt? Pivot Base with 1" Ball
RAM 1" Diameter Ball with Custom GoPro® Hero Adapter
Edited to add: Guess I would also need this. Brings total Ram solution to $44. I'm concerned that all the length will be unwieldy.
RAM Short Double Socket Arm for 1" Ball Bases (Overall Length: 2.38")
I have a 1" ball with a 10mm stud that goes in the mirror hole, one of these extensions and then mount my Galaxy S4 via X-Grip holder. It stays very solid with no movement. Just thought I'd share. Make sure you have things high enough for hand clearance
-Warrior108

(And does the FZ09 have 10mm mirror holes?)

Anyone use either of these solutions or see potential problems?
Thanks!
See inline comment with links so you know what I'm referring to.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See inline comment with links so you know what I'm referring to.
Sweet. That may save me needing to get the Ram swivel base, substantially reducing the cost. I can just Ram's double arm clamp and the ball with GoPro adapter. Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This. Save your money and don't use RAM for the GoPro. I recommend GoPro's mounts after much trial and error...
Thanks. Which mount? The handlebar mount? Since it has to be rigid, how will GoPro's help with vibration? I have quite a bit of GoPro mounting stuff and it tightens down rigid with no rubber isolation, etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have my go pro hero 2 mounted on my handle bars with the go pro handle bar mount and some other go pro arm extensions as well. You will see in the photos that it is mounted between the handle bar mounts and the arm goes under the instrument panel. I trie to have the mount on the left side of the left mount but the thumb screws would touch the tank if the bars were turned to the left almost completely. So I got sneaky with the mounting arm position and managed to get to work really well here in the center. Also in this position the go pro lens is only amour a millimeter of the center of the bike. I find this go pro bar clamp to be very secure. As far as vibrations are concerned I have no issues. The biggest issue I find is with the go pro camera and the rolling shutter effect when I get on the throttle hard: maybe this is due to vibration I don't know...

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have my go pro hero 2 mounted on my handle bars with the go pro handle bar mount and some other go pro arm extensions as well. You will see in the photos that it is mounted between the handle bar mounts and the arm goes under the instrument panel. I trie to have the mount on the left side of the left mount but the thumb screws would touch the tank if the bars were turned to the left almost completely. So I got sneaky with the mounting arm position and managed to get to work really well here in the center. Also in this position the go pro lens is only amour a millimeter of the center of the bike. I find this go pro bar clamp to be very secure. As far as vibrations are concerned I have no issues. The biggest issue I find is with the go pro camera and the rolling shutter effect when I get on the throttle hard: maybe this is due to vibration I don't know...

View attachment 9000
View attachment 9001
View attachment 9002
That looks clean and good. Wouldn't work for me though since I'm running the Puig touring screen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts