Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've made a few posts on here recently and I've really, really, appreciated the help.

I've had the bike for 2 weeks now and for my first road bike I have to say I love the thing to death, haha- soooo much fun. I picked mine up with 600 miles on it from the dealership with it's first service interval completed and so far the only thing I'm taking it back in for- is to get the CCT checked out due to an odd ticking noise.

Anyways, I was wondering if it would be out of line to ask for some "tips from the pros"? I know a lot of you have owned the bike for a while now so I'm looking for all the information I can get on really taking care of them.

Pretty much any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Sorry if this is already a topic :X I tried looking for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'd recommend a radiator guard sooner than later. I bought my bike with about 5k on it and just put one one this past weekend. Had quite a few dinged/bent little folds :(.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Complete OES Frame Slider set -- $129 -- is a must have...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd say a reflash of the ECU and a G2 Throttle Tamer to smooth out the initial engine response. For suspension, I went with Traxxion Dynamics: AK fork cartridges and a Penske single-clicker shock all set up for my weight.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
wouldn't say i'm a pro but having put over 4k miles on the bike now, i wish i bought at least a rear shock at mile 50. 80% of this bikes issues are resolved with a good rear shock upgrade IMO.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Lots and lots of good/great info within this forum, but to cut to the chase, suspension upgrades if you are going to ride the bike at a spirited pace, and flashing of the ECU to tame the abruptness caused by the fuel cut at zero throttle position....actually the cut is somewhere around 4300 RPMs.

Reactions: VERSYS8
1 - 7 of 7 Posts