Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ended up having to carry home the thermal imaging camera I occasionally use for work and of course I had to try it out on the FZ. The Pictures below were taken about after abut 3 minutes of idling and no riding. I may try to ride around some tomorrow and get a few quick shots right after. I thought it was pretty neat to be able to see the gas level in the tank.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FLIR just came out with a very basic one that actually fits on an Iphone that works okay and is fairly cheap this one however is about 150k so I try not to play with it too much. Although some co worker say its great for hunting...... :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you do get to ride and then take pics I would love to see the heat in the tires after they warm up. That would be so cool!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hey David, when you come off the track and touch your tires....if you can hold your fingers/hand on them for more than like one or two seconds..........you ain't goin fast enough! :cool:

Very cool (hot) pictures....thanks for posting!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would be really interesting to see some imaging done on ceramic coated headers for comparison...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
David, awesome views of the 09! We've all seen the abundance of pics here and on the 'ol interweb, but these shots are truly unique, thanks for sharing. You should use one for your Avatar...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Another idea for a shot would be to get the tires, brakes and chain heated up first. It would add more variations of color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts