Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for posting, real bummer, hopefully it will make us think twice when encountering any high obstacle. I've seen speed bumps that could hit the pan, bad design.

·
Registered
98 Posts
the word bummer barely covers this, I'm replacing my sump with my original repaired and armored sump as we speak, that means
I will have the replacement as an extra. I will check with my racing bud to see if he would armor that one if your interested.
He welds a 3/8 inch alum plate to the bottom with a access hole for a low profile drain plug, we were working on my bike
yesterday and I checked out my repaired sump and it looks like it would take knocking off the whole bottom of the sump
to damage it again, plus we are adding the SW Motech guard also as added protection. PM me with contact info and I will add
pics once the mod is complete. you can see the repaired pan along with the others goodies on my parts install party post.
at the least you will want that sump guard from SW Motech.
Rick

·
Registered
616 Posts
There was a thread a while back covering flush drain plugs and removing the reinforcing rib from the bottom. I did it. I don't know if it would've helped you in your circumstance. I figured I'd do it until something better is out, or I fabricate a skid plate. Sorry about your damages, but twice?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yep, this is atrocious. Was dazzled by the sun as I exited a car park and Bang. Rode over a 4 inch step.
Wow, sorry to hear that- but really, twice is a lot! You need this my friend:

There was a thread a while back covering flush drain plugs and removing the reinforcing rib from the bottom. I did it. I don't know if it would've helped you in your circumstance. I figured I'd do it until something better is out, or I fabricate a skid plate. Sorry about your damages, but twice?
That would be great if you can...that engine cage above was apparently born out of this guy's request to a fabricator!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

It would have and I am doing it now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts