Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good news even though people haven't gotten their bikes yet as this means they won't have to wait till October or more. Hopefully when I call the dealership they will verify the rumors and be able to sit on one before the end of this week. I'm excited by the news.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Looks to me like there isn't much in the way of chicken strips on the rear tire! I likey!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
That pic has been circulating for several weeks. I imagine that it is a pre-production bike that they sent to Yamaha USA to be thoroughly tested. I had the pleasure of racing a Honda XR-75 several months before it's release much to the dismay to everyone that saw the bike. Some of the fathers even threatened me; I would race the next moto on my SL70 and spank their kid to prove why Honda wanted me to test the bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That pic has been circulating for several weeks. I imagine that it is a pre-production bike that they sent to Yamaha USA to be thoroughly tested. I had the pleasure of racing a Honda XR-75 several months before it's release much to the dismay to everyone that saw the bike. Some of the fathers even threatened me; I would race the next moto on my SL70 and spank their kid to prove why Honda wanted me to test the bike.
That's cool (are you secretly.... Jeff Ward), loved (lusted after) the XR-75. My first bike was an SL-70, stripped for the dirt.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I had to race the bike against Jeff Ward as they sent him East to Florida for the winter as a test rider. He was much faster. I thought that I was the local hot shoe until I was shamed by Wardy and Brian Myerscough. Honda did not want the west coast to know about the bike. It came without a single sticker on it. Everyone thought that I had a modified SL100 because of the vertical head arrangement.

·
Registered
123 Posts

That's pretty cool...................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts