Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what to think about the wheels just yet. They are a little ricey to me, but they sure do make the bike pop in the black. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Funny you say that because I wasn't liking them at first, but it seems the more I look at the bike, the more they grow on me. I'm not super stoked on them but it's not a deal breaker

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure. They might not even end up being color keyed at all, and this is just the test bike that has a bit of color for the forum geeks to pick apart! Haha! You san see the color on the wheels in this light way better than it sitting still. They almost look purple.

2014-Yamaha-FZ-09_lead.jpg Yamaha-FZ-09-770x433.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping that's an option or new wheels will be first on my list of mods! Maybe my first plasti dip project :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was me, I would release the blue wheels on the first year, and NEVER bring it back. Two advantages: A. No one ever has to have a bike with those wheels again. B. Those that like them in 3 years will want them so bad that they will give the guys who didn't want them in the first place top dollar! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it was me, I would release the blue wheels on the first year, and NEVER bring it back. Two advantages: A. No one ever has to have a bike with those wheels again. B. Those that like them in 3 years will want them so bad that they will give the guys who didn't want them in the first place top dollar! :)
#winning

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like them. I love the amount of squawking they have generated from the comments I've read.
Funny how nobody on the forums I'm on saw anything remotely wrong with blue wheels when Aprilia did it on the old V2 Tuono...:rolleyes:
For comparison: tuono.jpg 14_Yamaha_FZ-09_3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I've owned Honda motorcycles for years and years and the 3 spoke design that they use on the CBR600RRs and the CBR1000RRs, are pretty easy to clean. The wheels on the new FZ 09 are similar to the Aprilia DorsoDuro that I just sold, which are harder to clean because they have more crevices and surface areas. Oh well, I don't clean my wheels that often anyway........it cuts into my riding time.

Color choice wise, I'm not a fan of the blue wheels on the black bike, so I'm going with the Rapid Red bike with the "normal" wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could be worse. Could be white!
White wheels are a b**ch to keep clean!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the blue-ish rims a lot. I think the red version would benefit from a set of dark gold rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the blue rims. Definetely are different. Anything that looks like the legendary Tauno is cool by me. Man that bike rocks! `04 I think was the best year

1 - 20 of 34 Posts