Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yamaha’s new bikes using the Crossplane engines are surely to become big-selling hits, and the MT-09, also marketed as the FZ-09 in the US is steadily climbing up in the sales figures. Knowing that the Crossplane engine is one of the things which was missing from its line-up, at a wider scale, Yamaha was quick to deliver the new MT-07 parallel twin naked beast.

Slotting right under the acclaimed and extremely affordable MT-09, the new machine aims at drawing in young customers on a tighter budget, but with rather high expectations. Unfortunately, it looks like Yamaha is not bringing this new bike to North America, and only has eyes for Europe and some Eastern markets, so far.

The video below is the latest teaser Yamaha surfaced, starring the new MT-09, the MT-09 Street Rally Valentino Rossi first introduced and the new, smaller MT-07 beast. The latter is a689cc parallel-twin machine boasting the same lightweight construction and excellent mileage. The 270-degree lump is good for just under 75 HP @ 9000 rpm and 68 Nm (50 lb-ft) of torque at 6500 rpm.

With a seat height of 805mm (31.7”) and tipping the scales at only 179 kg (395 lbs) wet, the 6-speed, chain-driven 2014 Yamaha MT-07 is surely a dream bike among young riders, especially as the price is expected to be somewhere under the $7,000 (€5,000) mark, given that MT-09 is $7,990 (€5.835).

Source: AutoEvolution

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nick, I have watched that video so many times, and read the reviews. I've even sent messages to Yamaha (as if they care) in regard to bringing the "seven" to the U.S.

I'm at the age now that I decided that would be the perfect ride for me. I am hoping for 2015. I find it ironic that the review says it's targeting young riders. What about "old" riders who no longer thirst for a 100+ horse power?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Well I think they (Yamaha) still has another month or so to make the U.S. spring motorcycle buying season, if it's not here by then it may not be till 2015.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The two co-workers that have been wishing Yamaha would bring the 07 here are starting to look at the Aprilia Shiver and used Triumph Street Triples. Way to go Yamaha.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick, I have watched that video so many times, and read the reviews. I've even sent messages to Yamaha (as if they care) in regard to bringing the "seven" to the U.S.

I'm at the age now that I decided that would be the perfect ride for me. I am hoping for 2015. I find it ironic that the review says it's targeting young riders. What about "old" riders who no longer thirst for a 100+ horse power?
I got you covered brother!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey some of them scooters can really scoot.my brother has a 650 bergman , many are shocked how fast it is .then they dony give him guff

·
Registered
663 Posts
My sister-in-law rides a Can-Am Spyder. It looks pretty cool, but I have a fundamental problem with a three wheeled motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My sister-in-law rides a Can-Am Spyder. It looks pretty cool, but I have a fundamental problem with a three wheeled motorcycle.
I had a 1947 Harley servi car three wheeler-turned into a chopper. Worst bike I ever owned. Then I did a ground up build on a 327 chevy powered three wheeler. Second worst bike I ever owned. Then I built a VW three wheeler from a kit. Third worst bike I ever owned. Then I rode a Can Am. Oh yeah...this is a proper three wheeler. Now I have a deposit on an Elio three wheeler. Can't seem to avoid three wheelers for some reason.

Reactions: Willowbilly

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like Yamaha is not bringing this new bike to North America, and only has eyes for Europe and some Eastern markets, so far.
Any word if this is available in the U.S.A.? It is available here in Canada now at an MRSP of $7, 299.00. Though, the debate I have been reading over is whether or not to just wait to save up for the FZ 09 instead. Both seem to be pretty great bikes though. Would every day riders looking for a solid commute even notice the difference? One thing I have noticed on Yamaha Canada's website thus far is that they are marketting the FZ09 as a sport tourer, at least in the available accessories section compared to the FZ07 which has less options available.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Any word if this is available in the U.S.A.? It is available here in Canada now at an MRSP of $7, 299.00. Though, the debate I have been reading over is whether or not to just wait to save up for the FZ 09 instead. Both seem to be pretty great bikes though. Would every day riders looking for a solid commute even notice the difference? One thing I have noticed on Yamaha Canada's website thus far is that they are marketting the FZ09 as a sport tourer, at least in the available accessories section compared to the FZ07 which has less options available.
They been out for a couple of weeks in the us on a limited basis, with more expected by the end of the month.

I may be getting one in the next day or two.

Would have, sooner, but it took awhile for the local dealer to come down on the price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good on you for waiting. It's a buyers market, no point paying above MRSP. Be sure to post pics and give us your impressions of riding the bike.

The bike is definitely cheaper in your neck of the woods either way, the price I quoted was MRSP without frieght, taxes, etc.... :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ah the MT-07, It is very very nice, I already got one. Holy Grail/MT-07 already got one. (in my most outrageous french accent).

French-Monty-Python-Holy-Grail-French-taunt.jpg

download.jpg

LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since you have one, could you share some thoughts on it? Does it lack anything compared to the MT 09? I know it has one less cylinder and has less HP but overall it seems to be one sweet ride that may undercut some of the MT09 sales here in North America.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Horsman, Bring me a shrubbery. My dealer says the FZ-07s are due in town next week. However, he looks like he's playing hard to get.

HolyGrail014.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
Horsman, Bring me a shrubbery. My dealer says the FZ-07s are due in town next week. However, he looks like he's playing hard to get.

View attachment 6826
All of My Dealers sound like the Knights who say "Ni!" instead of saying "It" to drive them crazy, We say "When?"!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts