Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thinking about an exhaust. Watching YouTube videos. And notice backfiring when people put them on and that's it. I did some research and found that block plate helps ? What all should be done when installing an exhaust to make it run correct?

·
Registered
654 Posts
the vcyclenut ecu flash will eliminate the popping without having to install the block off plates + he can adjust your fuel map at the same time

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Or do the exhaust and block off plates and use a EJK controller ... mine is set up this way and has no popping

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey team,

I'm in Queensland Australia with a 7 day old, Matte Grey MT09..(no blurple wheels I'm affraid :mad: ). This ECU remapping by vcyclenut is interesting. Yamaha have flashed or remapped the ECU at the factory for 2015 models.

Is there a ECU expert in Australia? I'm waiting for my Akro Carbon system to arrive and was interested in all the threads in the ECU, its issues and flash fixes.

Any info would be appreciated.

Reactions: Lateralus

·
Registered
511 Posts
When I installed my Arrow exhaust I had know back fire and didn't notice any difference in the motor running at idle.When I took it to Nels to do the dyno on the exhaust and flashing the ECU he said the difference between the stock exhaust and the Arrow with baffle in were real close .So it depends on the exhaust I think.But you should always get the ECU flashed when you do any performance mods like a K&N air filter ect.

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes that is one draw back and also with reflash could have the A mode set as default when you start it up among other things as well...
You can ask for that part not to be flashed in.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
No, he is saying that is a benefit of a flash. Fuel mapping, throttle mapping, ignition mapping, AIS disabled, start in A mode, reduced engine braking, lower fan temps, cruise control, quick shift... And in the US, most of that is only $80

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have no affiliation with Akra. It was cheap, and carbon... Period.
I was going to go Graves, but Nick from Stoltech said the Akra Carbon was basically the power of the Arrow without the baffle and only 1hp lower with the baffle in. Graves makes a great exhaust but I couldn't find dyno sheets that showed it being worth the extra over the Akra Carbon nor having more power.

I like the low rumble at idle and low rpms and how it screams sportbike when over 6k with throttle behind it. I still can't wait to get my bike ecu flashed by Dave (not sure if it will change the sound or anything)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts