Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
To adjust the chain changes the rear wheel height slightly???
Not to say this has a single sided swingarm, but every bike I've seen that has a single sided swingarm functions the same way (makes tension adjustments a breeze btw) So VFR's, Ducatis, etc etc, no issues for them

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The 2014 model is a TT 1130 R

Benelli UK ? Official Website | Benelli

The website does not show any 2015 models?
Kawasaki used them extensively... my ZR550 has them, as did the original Ninja. They work quite well, but on a track machine it's not a good choice...

Benelli is supposed to be resuming US operations in late 2015... so maybe 2016 models to come?

·
Registered
464 Posts
My quad (can-am ds450) is the same way, the whole axle adjusts for chain tension.

But depending on where the axle is changes the characteristics of the bike since it's changing wheel base and ride height

·
Registered
4,617 Posts

The 2014 model is a TT 1130 R

Benelli UK ? Official Website | Benelli

The website does not show any 2015 models?
I found the 2015 1130R specs and it looks pretty hot. At 158hp, 88 lbs torque and 475 lbs wet weight. I would guess easily double the price of our FZs. Big brother for sure.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My quad (can-am ds450) is the same way, the whole axle adjusts for chain tension.

But depending on where the axle is changes the characteristics of the bike since it's changing wheel base and ride height
That is the issue I was wondering about, even if it's quick to adjust, the tire height change makes me wonder.

£12,299 = $18,380 US +tax for a TT 1130 R, hard to say what the price will be if they set up shop to sell them in North America ?

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Benelli has a pretty terrible reputation for reliability... When they used to sell in the US, those larger triples were a dime a dozen, because no one wanted them. They looked pretty, on the side of the road. No thanks.

These bikes were sold in North America, not long ago... And every dealer closed up. I don't expect to see them shipping truck loads of these bikes into dealers again, any time soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts