Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The statement "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" couldn't be any more true with women or motorcycles. And since I don't want anybody getting sappy on me let's talk about the latter.

What's the one bike you wish you never lost (sold or wrecked)?

Mine was my first bike. A 1984 Honda CB 750 that I bought for $600 when I was 18. I turned it into a bobber for the hell of it during a wreckless phase. I'll try to attach a picture here soon.

Share yours with pictures!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I miss them all but I miss my TE610 the most. The bike took me many great places.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
1984 Seca 750..bought it brand new but had to sell it a year later because I lost my job and couldn't afford both a car and bike..and living in the north east, the car was a must...

no pics but I loved that bike...was a wheelie machine kinda like the FZ..:)

I had a maroon one just like this..
Yamaha XJ750 Sega.jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
First bike is always the one you wish you had back. It was a 1964 Bianchi Gardena...the biggest....worst...junkiest...most poorly designed...ugliest..and slowest piece of shite that was EVER made. Wish I had it back.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
The one that I wish I still had wasn't my first bike; in fact, it was my 6th bike. In 1974, I bought a used Kawasaki 750 H2. I remember I paid $1200 for it and when I sold it a year later, I got $1200 for it. That was the bike that I campaigned at the drag strip the entire summer of 1974, the bike was the first year of the 750 H2's...a 1972 model. For the time, that bike was a rocket ship and I broke into the high 11 second range with it and had more fun that any 20 year old should have been having at the time. No picture though......I'm not sure they had invented cameras yet.......way back then.

Reactions: Screamingyellow

·
Registered
584 Posts
That would be a 1982 Husky 430 WR, Burleson Replica. Three of us went in to the Husky dealer and bought one each, the VIN numbers were one digit different... so we got after market desert tanks, one red, one white and one blue... I know.

I kept that moto for 20 years... then decided to put it on Cycle Trader... got 20 calls in the first hour... the original gas tank was in pristine condition since it was replaced before it ever left the dealer. 45 Hp and 220 lb... off road rocket ship... in the day.

Finally some collector in Alabama drove out here and bought it.

Never forget that one.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Yamaha TW200. I miss her. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
My 1979 CB 650 four, single cam, 5 star wheels, bought it in 1996 for $500, re-ringed and re valved the engine 6 months later, repainted it a lovely blue colour scheme, sold it in 1998 for a grand, what a tool I was, saw it two years ago in exactly the same condition, still used often, asked the owner what he paid for it, $2000 grand, if it comes on the market again I will own it, it was a fun bike to ride, you felt its limitations yet it was a blast to ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sure did love my 99 zx6r for the 10 months that I had it. Sold it to a coworker and bought the FZ the next day. image.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
89' XL600V Transalp. I had two of 'em. =)
Shermans Cliffs.JPG

·
Registered
272 Posts
My 92 cr250r the best dirt bike I've ever owned, race motocross one weekend a enduro the next and Desert the one after that. And it didn't cost you an arm and leg to own like the new bikes. A piston once a year and lots of tires and you were ready to go boy I miss how simple dirt bikes use to be. Oh well RR:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
my 1975 kawasaki Z1B 900 with drag bars and a russ collins 4 into 1 header my cross country tourer, hotrod and faithful companion from my first and only accidental visit to the black hills motorcycle rally 1976 (before it became the now poser oriented Sturgis) thru my service in the navy in San Diego and before then my crazier TT racing (Tavern to Tavern) late teenage
years, not my first bike but the one that I still dream about almost 40 years later and miss every day. To be young dumb and full of c## and just living to ride again without responsibilities.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like this thread.... I have had many bikes but my first, a 1977 Honda 750 super sport has to the one bike I wish I had today. Many great memories on that bike, and it never failed me and was a very comfortable bike. The new Fz-09 has taken me back to those days of hoping on and riding out to somewhere unknown. I also miss my 1998 Honda Blackbird, and a 2004 ZX10.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My '77 Suzuki GS550. Bought new in early '78 but sold it 8 years later as I wasn't riding it after our daughter was born in '84. This isn't mine, but it's just like mine (best color scheme) although I never would have put a crash bar on mine.
77gs550.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
I still miss my 1977 BMW R100RS. Best high speed long distance machine ever. With some mods like Kauser 4 valve heads, a race cam and goodies developed from the R90S Daytona bike, I routinly outran Highway Patrols and Sheriffs crossing the country multiple times.

Very fast for its day, comfortable all day, great gas mileage, flip up license plate, huge fuel tank and all weather protection.

I was a fool and sold it to a Yamha chopper riding Chicago attorney who was stopped four times on his way home.

She deserved better.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts