Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my bike as I got a hold of her last week:

Before I even rode the bike I ordered graves fenders kit and aOES frame sliders. After putting a few miles on it around town I hated how the clutch(pacifically the clutch) felt and the brake lever, so I went a head and ordered some of mad hornets levers last night in gold because of some of the positive responses people gave about them. I have a laundry list of things that I will be doing to the bike as the year progresses. When I go home I will be making my own brake reservoir adapter plate instead of paying for one at a much higher price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
please take a picture of the gold mad hornets on the bike. I was about to order them but I wanted to make sure they match the forks. I also was about to order the OES frame sliders but i guess you are my guinea pig haha

·
Registered
184 Posts
I started modifying my FZ-09 too. I received the Spiegler brake lines but I haven't installed them yet. I'm installing the blinkers now. I'm still waiting on the Akropovic carbon exhaust. Also, I want a new seat and to get my ECU flashed.
IMG_4146.jpg
IMG_4145.jpg
IMG_4147.jpg
IMG_4148.jpg
IMG_4151.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once all the parts come in I will put them on. I have limited working space right now to put the Sliders on while on base here but I will put them on friday or saturday and hopefully along with my fender kit as well.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You guys both missed the most important mod...take that ugly sticker off the gas tank.....I took mine off in the parking lot of the dealership...:)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Put the graves eliminator on for the fender and put my frame sliders and rear spools on from OES. Ordered a gold set of Madhornets levers the other day should be here soon.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Who are you talking to? And what do you mean by sets?
He was asking FZ09Jeff

"rear sets" are after market foot pegs, that usually relocate the position of the pegs, and "set" them rearward a bit more for a more sporty body position

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for putting a little license plate light in that I can wire up? Maybe plug and play?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for putting a little license plate light in that I can wire up? Maybe plug and play?
With my Graves eliminator I used a set of FlexLED lights that I picked up from Autozone for around $10. They come with a set of 2 self adhesive stips with 8 LEDs each that you can cut down to 4.

FlexLED.jpg

1 - 20 of 83 Posts