Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'll be looking for the 1st one I can buy in the country, at MSRP, without a lot of BS " freight and prep " added.

Will take red or orange .

Blue and white if they make it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
That's great news dxs080jpgex, thanks for passing it on. Do you know what colors of the 07 will be in the States?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hmmm ... we're getting gray, red and white in Canada. I think there is a blue in production for sale elsewhere.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not positive on the colors I'm still hoping for that purple coloring I saw online. I don't know why but I'm a sucker for purple

·
Registered
64 Posts
That deep armor color fits the bike perfectly, though the FZ07 is a brilliant devised bike, its real benefits are truly for city/commuters with relaxed motorcycle laws that allow you to truly use the agility and nimbleness of the bike. So, those in LA should definitely appreciate this bike, but for the rest of us that can't lane split, or slide up to the front of the line of cars at red lights, the fz09 makes for the better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good to hear, although I'll truly believe it once we hear from Yamaha tomorrow... don't want to get my hopes up just in case!

·
Registered
74 Posts
So it's $7300 msrp.??? So only $700 more gets Yu a fz09. Reminds me of triumph street triple and the R pricing. I still see 2012 new triumph street triple collecting dust while the R version are flying off the sales floor.

·
Registered
663 Posts
.a few differences that matter to me are:

A two piece seat
No throttle by wire. Just old school throttle cable which I prefer.
No varying ride modes. Some like that, I don't care for it.
Cheaper insurance.
I like the look if it.

All these things are personal preference. Purchase price didn't even factor in for me. Of course, if tomorrow's release is something else, I'll be bummed I held off for two months.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very nice bike, awesome that we are getting it. The price does seem close in price to the FZ 09, but the FZ 09 is still a '14 model. When the '15 is released, I would expect it to be around $1000 more then the FZ 07. That puts the FZ 09 around $8,300 unlike the $7,990 its currently listed at. An ABS option will probably be available as well adding even more coin.

·
Registered
663 Posts
So it's $7300 msrp.??? So only $700 more gets Yu a fz09. Reminds me of triumph street triple and the R pricing. I still see 2012 new triumph street triple collecting dust while the R version are flying off the sales floor.
That earlier link was to Yamaha Canada. That price was Canadian. Remember FZ-09 costs $1000 more in Canada, so it may be the same with the 07? The bike hasn't even been announced in the US, much less the price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did a Demo on one last week...

Ergonomics: I'm 5'6"....foot pegs are high compared to the FZ09, but they were fine for me....if you're really tall you may be cramped. The handlebars are also a lot closer that the 09 (the riding stance seemed slightly aggressive).

Engine: Good, but not as smooth as the FZ09s triple. That said -it had minimal vibes for a twin. It also had a good amount of usable power.

Handling: Great in the corners...easy easy easy.

Overall: Nice bike, very easy to ride.... the perfect non-offensive urban commuter / beginner bike - fun, light, flickable and dead easy to manage. I test rode the KTM 690 Duke a few weeks ago; I'd put the FZ07 in the same catagory...and add to that by saying it's a 1000 times the bike the KTM 690 Duke is, for way less money.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
So it's $7300 msrp.??? So only $700 more gets Yu a fz09. .
The $7,299 price is in Canada in Canadian dollars, where the FZ-09 price is $8,999. So 81% of an 09. In the USA the non California MSRP is what, $7,995? %81 of that would be $6,485.

I don't know that 07 MSPP will be in the States but I expect it will be closer to that than to $7300.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The $7,299 price is in Canada in Canadian dollars, where the FZ-09 price is $8,999. So 81% of an 09. In the USA the non California MSRP is what, $7,995? %81 of that would be $6,485.

I don't know that 07 MSPP will be in the States but I expect it will be closer to that than to $7300.
agreed. if yamaha keeps the msrp to $6500 or less, they'll sell a boatload. it'll be the new sv650.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts