Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight at bike night in Madison, WI I saw three liquid graphites. A guy down the street from me has a Rapid Red. I guess this whole shortage of 09s is over. Seems like everyone and their brother has one. At least everyone I have seen is stock still. All the hype about them being hard to get is dealer BS if you ask me. They are going to continue to say that so they can keep selling them at MSRP or higher. The Grom is the same way. Dealers wont budge because they hype them up to be impossible to get. Yet every dealer around here has at least one sitting in the show room.

On the plus side I did see and FZ-07. Sharp looking bike. I like the fact that more of the frame is exposed. But it does start to look like a cross between a stunt cage and the frame of a Monster. Either way your an idiot if you say the FZ-07 is better than the 9.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The graphite 07 is just as sharp looking as the graphite 09. Good job Yamaha.

As for the shortage, I think it's probably more of a regional thing. It has seemed that some dealers in some areas will have a couple sitting on the floor and other areas they can't keep them in stock. Several months after I bought mine my dealer told me that they haven't had one on the floor longer than 24 hours.

Eventually supply will catch up to demand.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You'd never know there was ever a shortage around here. The first weekend I had my FZ-09 I went down to our local cars & coffee event and there were 3 others in addition to mine... 2 liquid graphites (1 of them mine), 1 rapid red, 1 blazing orange. Here I had hoped/thought I had something unique... little did I know that many other people had the same great taste in motorcycles lol. I guess if nothing else it makes for better aftermarket support and finding parts easier.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have to disagree with your statement about the fz-07....its a far more superior bike to the 09.....it has 30 less horse power, weighs 17lbs less, has 2 seats, and, and, well its just better has to be.....lmao.....I FREAKING LOVE MY 09!!!!!!
The forks with no adjustment at all take away the risk of looking stupid because you didn't set your sag. I don't know if I'd like the lower pegs since I made a point of moving mine up - but it might make it easier to put some cool wear marks on my boots. In all sincerity the FZ-07 is a really nice bike, but Yamaha brought it out to contend with Honda's NC700 which is the most popular bike in Europe right now (and that 50hp bike has butter smooth fueling). It's intended to be the more sedate and comfortable choice. Because I normally ride with my 7 year old on back, I probably would have bought an FZ-07 if they were side by side because smooth was a priority - but I'm not trading in for one. My daughter likes how smooth my 20hp CRF250L is, so I don't have a desire for my bikes more subtle stablemate. Now put that engine into an XTZ enduro frame and you could see my CRF getting traded in.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories

There never was a shortage where I got mine.

Up in the Pacific Northwest.

Took this pic last January in Seattle.

Bought my FZ in Oregon. The dealer had 7 to choose from.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The graphite 07 is just as sharp looking as the graphite 09. Good job Yamaha.

As for the shortage, I think it's probably more of a regional thing. It has seemed that some dealers in some areas will have a couple sitting on the floor and other areas they can't keep them in stock. Several months after I bought mine my dealer told me that they haven't had one on the floor longer than 24 hours.

Eventually supply will catch up to demand.
Mine came to me off the truck.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The dealerships in Hawaii can't seem to get any. All the fz09s are going to the mainland......
This is because Hawaii uses Puresports as their distributor, and the dealers can ONLY buy through them and not order directly from Yamaha-which also sucks when you need to get any warranty work done-for example the CCT-because all questions and warranty info, recalls,, TSB's etc. have to go through Puresprorts who don't have the knowledge and info that you'd get by contacting Yamaha Corporate in Cali...

MS808-where are you located?

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is because Hawaii uses Puresports as their distributor, and the dealers can ONLY buy through them and not order directly from Yamaha-which also sucks when you need to get any warranty work done-for example the CCT-because all questions and warranty info, recalls,, TSB's etc. have to go through Puresprorts who don't have the knowledge and info that you'd get by contacting Yamaha Corporate in Cali...

MS808-where are you located?
That's why they take so long.... I been waiting for like 3 months now.
I am on oahu

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah, originally I bought my FZ because it's different and no one has it. Since my purchase a month ago, two of my close friends have bought the same color (graphite) and I've personally met two more in my area LOL. Needless to say, we don't roll to bike night all at one time. It's all good though, cause if the rumored VFR 800 naked goes into production, I'll jump on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts