Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
For the subject of dealing with helmets with gloves on, I use the quick release snaps. It's way easier than threading a strap and you can do with gloves on. I have them on all my helmets.

View attachment 3290

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh I'm not denying the fact that it looks like a fun bike. I've bought one! But the only reason Yamaha would use two Moto GP riders over two actors in this film is to try to make it look like reality. And it just looks silly

·
Registered
663 Posts
Oh I'm not denying the fact that it looks like a fun bike. I've bought one! But the only reason Yamaha would use two Moto GP riders over two actors in this film is to try to make it look like reality. And it just looks silly

So you own the MT-07? What's your thoughts on it? From what I've seen and read, I would buy one in a flash if they would bring it to the states. Post pictures if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So you own the MT-07? What's your thoughts on it? From what I've seen and read, I would buy one in a flash if they would bring it to the states. Post pictures if you can. Thanks.
Pre-ordered one mate. Should be ready at the dealer in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to go and pick it up! I'll get pictures up here the day I get it and a review a month or so later. But bear in mind if you read my review that I will have a 47bhp restricted bike and only about 1000 miles of experience under me.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pre-ordered one mate. Should be ready at the dealer in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to go and pick it up! I'll get pictures up here the day I get it and a review a month or so later. But bear in mind if you read my review that I will have a 47bhp restricted bike and only about 1000 miles of experience under me.
Thanks. I'll watch for it.

What part of England are you in? Are you in the country or planning on city riding like London? There are some great rural rides in the U.K. I have traveled all over England and Scotland but never on a bike, it was always by train.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well Guys riding our 9er in the B mode gives as 80hp (right?), a tat more than the 75hp for the 7 :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks. I'll watch for it.

What part of England are you in? Are you in the country or planning on city riding like London? There are some great rural rides in the U.K. I have traveled all over England and Scotland but never on a bike, it was always by train.
I do live in the South East (30 miles from the city centre) however my work is a 10 minute walk from my home so I won't be doing a lot of congested city riding. Mainly just country trips on the weekends.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If I recall right B mode just drops the 09 10hp.
Don't forget the 114 hp is a huge lie. On the dyno an FZ-09 pulls 106 hp tops. Now minus 9 from that in "B" mode....you would get 97. However on the dyno it gets 95 hp in "B' mode.

In all fairness....I'm 100% sure Yamaha lies about the FZ-07 HP too. It's more likely 70hp on the dyno instead of the 75 claimed at the crank. So now you have an honest 70hp available versus an honest 95hp. 25hp difference.

I can live with that.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Actually, I don't think 114 hp at the crankshaft is inconsistent with 106 hp at the rear wheel. That's the way all the manufacturers specify horsepower, so I don't see how that makes Yamaha liars more than any other marques.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks like Yamaha decided to center the LCD display. That track looks really run down. Cool bike cool commercial. I think this is the answer for guys that are hesitant to jump up to the FZ09 from a single or scooter.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Actually, I don't think 114 hp at the crankshaft is inconsistent with 106 hp at the rear wheel. That's the way all the manufacturers specify horsepower, so I don't see how that makes Yamaha liars more than any other marques.
If you've been around bikes long enough....you learn that there is a 3 to 5% frictional loss between the crankshaft and the rear wheel. It's about 3% on a chain drive bike...and about 5% on a shaft drive bike. If you do the math on 114hp...and minus the 3% you get a 3.42hp loss. So 114 hp minus the 3.42 ...you end up with 110.58 hp ...which is NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to the 106hp that that we all get on the dyno. Even if you were generous and calculated a 5% loss in hp.....you get a 5.7hp loss. So 114hp minus a 5% {5.7hp loss} you get 108.3 hp...which is STILL not the 106 hp that we get on the dyno. So yes...Yamaha lies about the actual horsepower. Most all the manufacturers lie these days about HP because they know they can get away with it. No way will someone actually pull an engine and put the engine only on a dyno and measure actual crankshaft hp. Of all the bike makers...DUCATI is the worst liar in the business. Honda is the most honest.
Not that it matters that much. If we like the bike...we fall for all the hype easily.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
A dyno is not a perfect measuring tool either. Especially not one measuring power from the wheel. An engine dyno is much more accurate, because of less variables. But all that aside, there are so many variables to take into account when using any dyno to measure HP. Dyno's are tuning devices 1st, hp/ pissing contests 2nd. In actuality it is possible Yamaha got XXX out of the bike. It is also possible they are full of shit. Doesn't really matter imo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts